Brightway Associate Agency

They own the book? RUN fast!! They are not State Farm yet putting the same restriction on you it seems from some of these posts (as I personally know nothing about them, they did send me a postcard).

Based on the information so far I would surely run from these guys. Why 45% of renewal when I have to pay a fee upfront. This is like Securus MLM outfit.
I say run and don't look back.

Wanted to clarify a few things since I am a Brightway agent and most of the comments posted are off base.

I will start with the commission split. It is true that we get 85 new but in most cases they have have negotiated a higher commission split with the carrier.

1000 x 12%= 120
1000 x 15%=150 X 85%=128

So on new you come out ahead in most cases

We do pay quite a bit on the renewal but to me it is well worth it.

My closing % is over 80%
My retention is 93%
I never get any mail in my office
I dont have to do accounting
I do not have to manage CSR'S
I could go on and on but my point is they provide good value

My office alone wrote over 1900 policies last year and we are on pace to write over 2200 new policies this year with only four employees.

As to the book ownership...
I have a guaranteed buyout of 1.5X
I can sell the book to whatever the market will provide
My county has six offices and is sold out with a waiting list.
They share the brand equity when a new franchise is sold
I can gift the agency to my kids.

It has been tried, tested, thought out and proven and they have made a believer out of me..

Interesting scenario, what state are you in?

The word franchise, and insurance agency, makes me want to run for the hills. READ, READ,READ the contract very carefully, not sure on Brightway. But their is one out there that gives you, on one page, and then takes it away, on the next page!!!

The word franchise, and insurance agency, makes me want to run for the hills. READ, READ,READ the contract very carefully, not sure on Brightway. But their is one out there that gives you, on one page, and then takes it away, on the next page!!!

Can you give us a hint on which one?

Well, I started a fire storm, on a past thread, it is green and is and global. They have you sign a POA. I call it rent a agency, because they own you. If you decide not to renew, they are entitled , to take over your agency, lock stock and lease, But they will give you fair used market value, for the desk!!!

Hi oicu812nbama,
We are a fairly new private agency seriously considering a franchise purchase to accelerate growth.
We read your posting dated 4/11/2012, responding to comments regarding Brightway franchise.
The information you provided was extremely helpful. We are looking at Brightway and WeInsure.
WeInsure is Florida only at this time so we are assuming you did not look at them when you choose Brightway given your location.
They are a very similar business model so we will conduct a review of both before deciding.
Do you have any comments regarding WeInsure?
Do you have any advice in general?
What are the Brightway negatives?

Both of the companies liosted above Brightway and We Insure Florida are great companies and growing by leaps and bounds every year. Based on what I know the individual with Brightway was correct in all of his information. Now in reference to We Insure Florida I believe they give 70% on new business and 65% on renewals which will allow you to higher producers a little bit easier then Brightway agents. Other then that they both handle all of the customer service but I know We Insure Florida has a program where they give you back your initial franchise fee if you reach certain goals. E-mail me at [email protected] and I can give you any additional info you might need. You can't go wrong with either company. Good luck.

Re: Brightway Associate Agency
Hi oicu812nbama,
We are a fairly new private agency seriously considering a franchise purchase to accelerate growth.
We read your posting dated 4/11/2012, responding to comments regarding Brightway franchise.
The information you provided was extremely helpful. We are looking at Brightway and WeInsure.
WeInsure is Florida only at this time so we are assuming you did not look at them when you choose Brightway given your location.
They are a very similar business model so we will conduct a review of both before deciding.

I wish you the best of luck as you embark on this journey. I can tell you even though it has been some time since my last post I still could not be happier with my decision to own a Brightway Agency. Over the last year they have made significant investments in human capital and infrastructure that has really allowed our agencies to grow and be even more profitable.

I do not ever compete with Weinsure but I know they have set up a franchise very similar to Brightway. I think if you really look under the hood you will see significant differences and it will be up to you to decide what you truly value. I can tell you my top 3 homeowners carriers in the State are not appointed with Weinsure so that is one thing you would want to consider.

Best of luck to you!!

Re: Brightway Associate Agency
Hi oicu812nbama,

I wish you the best of luck as you embark on this journey. I can tell you even though it has been some time since my last post I still could not be happier with my decision to own a Brightway Agency. Over the last year they have made significant investments in human capital and infrastructure that has really allowed our agencies to grow and be even more profitable.

I do not ever compete with Weinsure but I know they have set up a franchise very similar to Brightway. I think if you really look under the hood you will see significant differences and it will be up to you to decide what you truly value. I can tell you my top 3 homeowners carriers in the State are not appointed with Weinsure so that is one thing you would want to consider.

Best of luck to you!!

What are your top 3 homeowners carriers? I did research on all the carriers and the only homeowners company difference I could find was Tower Hill. I could be mistaken but please let me know. Thank You and good luck with everything.

Knowing a fair amount about both Brightway and We Insure, they really cater to two different types of potential agency owners. The Brightway system is significantly more robust and therefore has a strong track record of their agents growing large, profitable enterprises. Though We Insure will sell a franchise to people who are less qualified than Brightway the brand has struggled to keep pace. I suggest simply comparing the two side by side. Once you visit both of their operations and compare their financial performance of their agents, the decision will probably be pretty clear.

Knowing a fair amount about both Brightway and We Insure, they really cater to two different types of potential agency owners. The Brightway system is significantly more robust and therefore has a strong track record of their agents growing large, profitable enterprises. Though We Insure will sell a franchise to people who are less qualified than Brightway the brand has struggled to keep pace. I suggest simply comparing the two side by side. Once you visit both of their operations and compare their financial performance of their agents, the decision will probably be pretty clear.

Since this is a year old, and you are new, I figure you represent one of these clusters.......

Back