Broker's Alliance...the Latest.

2112Greg

Guru
100+ Post Club
OK, so I've been getting all these calls from BA about something, so I decided to give them a call back.

They want to enter into what they call a 'partnership' with me. They will take a hit on their overrides to bring me into said partnership and I'll make more than 1/3 more money than had I sold the same business elsewhere.

Hmmmm...sounds good.

He left out the juicy bits until the end. There is an upfront fee that will allow me to participate in such a partnership, in addition to the production requirements.

How much is the fee?

It's a simple, one-time payment of a modest 1,500 dollars. But it's an ANNUAL fee, so it's not that bad.

I had to clean the lemonade off my big brand new flatscreen.

Are these people out of their minds?? :D

After I regained my composure, I told him I don't pay anyone to work for them. Then he launched into his thing about Costco, where I'm a member. Come to find out, having a Costco membership is the same thing the Broker's Alliance is offering!

Craziness...

It's actually fairly common. The analogy with Costco is good one as I'd generally refer to these type of offers as a commission club. It's a simple math equation to see if it makes sense for the agent. I'm sure there are people out there who refuse to buy a Costco or Sams Club membership because they aren't going to pay someone to shop in a store.

I've seen clubs like this as low as $150 and as high as 50k.

OK, so I've been getting all these calls from BA about something, so I decided to give them a call back.

They want to enter into what they call a 'partnership' with me. They will take a hit on their overrides to bring me into said partnership and I'll make more than 1/3 more money than had I sold the same business elsewhere.

Hmmmm...sounds good.

He left out the juicy bits until the end. There is an upfront fee that will allow me to participate in such a partnership, in addition to the production requirements.

How much is the fee?

It's a simple, one-time payment of a modest 1,500 dollars. But it's an ANNUAL fee, so it's not that bad.

I had to clean the lemonade off my big brand new flatscreen.

Are these people out of their minds?? :D

After I regained my composure, I told him I don't pay anyone to work for them. Then he launched into his thing about Costco, where I'm a member. Come to find out, having a Costco membership is the same thing the Broker's Alliance is offering!

Craziness...

They wanted me to pay $643 a month to enroll in elite producer program for the same amount of overrides. $1,500 a year sounds good compared to that.

Are you required to buy life insurance in the jumbo size? Is there a cash back rebate at the end of the year? Does someone stand at the door and mark your policy as you leave?

And most importantly, can you get a jumbo dog & a Coke for $1.50?

Back