Burned out Mortgage Banker Thinking of a New Career

SportsNut, Thank you for your advice!

Your welcome... Now lets get back to some football... :D

Seriously, CFC is a gem of a co and everyone that I ever had contact with there was A+, just like their Best rating. Mike D is as nice a person as exists... I would think that he must be about to retire... and would have actually thought that he had by now... but I was just talking to one of their mkting reps and he said Mike is still there.

Back when I was in a P&C agency I was also a CFP and Series 7 rep, and it worked very nice to be able to mkt to some of the P&C clients the other services that weren't being met by the P&C agents. The sphere of influence is great since they are already clients, and by drip mkting you are planting that seed to be able to service other needs.

Pretty strong concept and the Life Co does all the placement, or at least this is how it used to work. Hope it works out for you. keep us posted.

Hey let us know us that pans out. Im an ex insurance agent turned mtg broker, now ex turned back to ins guy and Am Fam recently filed in my state, their rates are hot for now. Plus they help pay for office space I hear. I like the idea, but as a former captive for another carrier am really cautious about getting in bed with any particular company yet again.

I met with AmFam last week. I like their culture and I've seen hard workers succeed in my market so I believe they give you the necessary tools. They do tend to start with low rates in a new market. They did that on OH several years ago. I'm a customer of AmFam, they send a lot of marketing that is well done. I also met with Met life. I've done some research and giving myself a "cooling off" period to make sure I want to make a career change.

Back