Buyer Beware of Short-Term Health plans

STM is not going to make that big of a difference. Either is the removal of the mandate. The only way this thing stabilizes (meaning lowering of rates) is:

1. Surcharge without prior EHB (This was in the house version of the fix. Freedom Caucus killed it because the Medishare folks use the no pre-ex as their backup plan)
2. Fix the Family Glitch
3. Stop Loss for the carriers
4. Tie MAPD to ACA offerings

I'll watch my grammar, you find more uninformed clients. Nobody has called me yet............... yet. Murphy's law in effect.

And to be specific, it's the proposed rule for 60 days, with another 30 days to post a final rule, with another 60 days until the first effective date. August, At the earliest. This is now a 2019 story. They were too slow to save 2018. ACA Carrier pressure? They could have made it a 30 day comment period, but chose not to. They could have put it out in Dec, you know, within the 60 days order in the Oct exec order? This is 2 months late already. Disgusted at best. Hopefully the states behave. STM with no penalty in 2019 is the winner. Again.

Also, page 14 of the proposed rule mentions effective 60 days after FINAL rule is published "quickly" per Seema

But, in their call with reporters, CMS officials said the proposed rule seeks comment on whether there are ways to guarantee renewability of the plans, which currently cannot be renewed. Instead, policyholders must reapply and answer medical questions again. The proposal also seeks comments on whether the plans should be allowed for longer than 12-month periods.

The comment period for the proposed rule runs for 60 days. Verma said CMS hopes to get final rules out “as quickly as possible,” so insurers could start offering the longer duration plans.

Trump Administration Proposes Rule To Loosen Curbs On Short-Term Health Plans

https://khn.org/news/trump-administ...osen-restrictions-on-short-term-health-plans/

Veema needs to focus on changes to ACA, to bring us long term stability instead of another bandaid.

Aug 1 at the earliest, but I'm betting on 10/1.

Which is fine. 10/1 renewals, move more people out of Nov.

Probably need to get a disclaimer done, so when people buy these crap plans, they don't come after me.

FYI.. New HHS Secretary ALEX AZAR explained the new Short Term Health rule, and what STM could look like, after the rule is finalized. He was on "The Ingraham Angle" (FoxNews) Tuesday evening.

Azar's 6 Minute Interview:

Back