Calling Data for Cold-calling

That's due to a smaller market because of fewer landlines and the DNC list. :yes:

Very often I find myself sitting in a home, writing an app for someone who barely let me in the door, and her phone rings. She walks over to it, looks at the caller ID, and says "Must be a telemarketer - I don't know that number." And I allow myself to think that it was probably another FE agent with a $34 DM lead in hand calling to set an appointment.

Very often I find myself sitting in a home, writing an app for someone who barely let me in the door, and her phone rings. She walks over to it, looks at the caller ID, and says "Must be a telemarketer - I don't know that number." And I allow myself to think that it was probably another FE agent with a $34 DM lead in hand calling to set an appointment.

That was me... she didn't pick up so I drove over. Sorry buddy, I replaced your business because she said she likes bald guys with hair legs. :yes:;)

:wideeyed:... how did she know I had hairy legs??

I'm sure of it - also, most carriers now give the option to dump any call not in your contacts directly to voicemail. And even the FE crowd who still has landlines have phones with caller ID. If they don't recognize it they aren't answering it. I do think that unless the robocall epidemic can be cured, the days of telephone cold calling to consumers is nearly dead for the independent businessperson.

Door Knocking is dead. Long live Door Knocking!

I don't answer any call unless I know who they are. If they are a REAL prospect, they will leave a message.

No message. No call back.

Message with only number, or name and number, but no reason to call don't get a call back.

Someone calling to sell me something does not get a call back.

Strangers at the door only hear my dog barking. Unless wife is home. She talks through the door.

Never figured that one out. Don't even say anything now.

Email solicitations are reported as spam, blocked and deleted.

I don't answer any call unless I know who they are. If they are a REAL prospect, they will leave a message.

Message with only number, or name and number, but no reason to call don't get a call back.

Strangers at the door only hear my dog barking. Unless wife is home. She talks through the door.

Same.

Remember the days of fax blast? Back when ink was so expensive. I would wait until after hours an fax dozens of black pages to them.

I decided to strike it out on my own from captive telesales Thursday. Coworkers asked me how I plan to do that. All it costs is a good pair of walk shoes baby!
You're soft. Bill Porter sported old school Gunboats and kept them good and shined.:noteworthy:

I've become the same way as many years in sales have caused me to become cynical since just about everything you see or hear has something to do with sales tactics. Good thing all of our customers don't have the same thought process as we'd be broke shortly:).

Last edited:
I've become the same way as many years in sales have caused me to become cynical since just about everything you see or hear has something to do with sales tactics. Good thing all of our customers don't have the same thought process as we'd be broker shortly:).
Good point. I've been in thousands of homes giving pitches, but have never called a salesman to my house. My thinking is after having giving pitches all day, do I want to come home to one?:no:

Back