Calling People

Frank, I am honored to be your hero, at least for today.

I use to call from the company office & the company name would show up on folks caller ID. No one picked up the phone. I thought something was wrong with me.

I put a phone line in my basement, and dial for dollars, people actually pick up the phone once in a while. Sometimes they even call back my number on their caller id.
I should be retiring sometime next week.

Did you see that segement on nbc news about the goats at google, cutting the lawn aka eating the grass.

Damn, I missed that one.

As soon as you retire give me a call. I'm looking for an old goat, I mean a goat, no, I meant to say... oh the hell with it.

Chnces? haha Gotcha! Like you are going to pick up the phone when caller ID says "Private". I answer everyone of those calls, twice. You'd have more success having caller ID say "Telemarketer". :twitchy:

Yep. You got me, Frank! I am really loaded on Tequila come the weekend. Wait until Cinco de Mayo----then it is Tequila all day with Corona beer chasers. And the preprandial drink is a Margarita!:yes:

BTW I was being facetious in suggesting blocking the caller ID being a good technique, I do not answer "Unknown" or "Anonymous" callers!:mad:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
.....I put a phone line in my basement, and dial for dollars, people actually pick up the phone once in a while. Sometimes they even call back my number on their caller id.
I should be retiring sometime next week....

Why the basement; your wife will not permit to you work upstairs?:embarrassed:

Last edited:
Someone has to be the boss, so I took control, and went down to the basement.....It is quiet down here, just me and a few spiders....Now let me get back to my nap :SLEEP:

So...maybe soemone can answer the original question? As in what is the best time to call these people i mentioned?

At any rate the number i use shows up as "private number"

Wino : No..

This is very simple. With every lead always make sure your taking notes on the date, time, what happened did it go to the voice mail, take notes if you left a message. After a while you will find out if calling in the morning isn't working, call in the afternoon. If the afternoon is not working call in the morning. If all else fails try later at night, for example at 6 or 7 at night. Sometimes this is the best time for people. Or even try Saturday or Sunday sounds crazy but it works. Make sure to call people every couple of days and every so often its good to leave a voice mail. So all in all persistency and notes is the best tool to use for calling.

Mark

Last edited:
So...maybe soemone can answer the original question? As in what is the best time to call these people i mentioned?

At any rate the number i use shows up as "private number"

Wino : No..

Private Number=Telemarketer to everyone with any common sense. You need to display your call back number. Some people really will call back if you leave a message to peak their interest.

Block your number from their Caller ID----it may increase your chances!

This does work sometimes, I will turn on & off the block and call several times.

I have more than once had someone pick up a blocked. If you call several times, some will start to get curious.

I have to admit, I never pick up a private number.

Back