Calling Vs Doorknocking

I still don't understand how some agents could justify cold walking businesses but not residences.

When you interior a guy at his business you are not only taking a very busy person away from what he was doing but you are costing him money. He could have called you if he needed you. 75% of the people you interrupt are not interested so you are wasting people's valuable time just so YOU can find a few people who you can sell to.

You also interrupt hourly or salaried employees time and they will goof off and talk to salesmen all day because they are being paid to LOOK like they are working. This is REALLY irritating to the employer.

On the other hand, when salespeople knock on a residence door they may be interrupting the uninterested people but they choose not to answer, answer and quickly send you off, or listen to your pitch. They have full control. It's quicker AND they aren't losing money from your interruption.

I would definitely say salespeople who cold walk businesses are rude arrogant SOBs who don't care about others more than salespeople who knock on residences.

If you voted for Nixon you are about as old as dirt. 1972 was the first presidential election I could vote in.

I know that the voting&drinking age was changed to 18 during Nixon;but I also voted for him in 1968 as well.The older you get the faster time moves. .My guess if you voted in 1972;you didn't vote for George McGovern,almost no one did.

If you want to learn to sell, watch the old Joe E. Brown Movie " Caterpillar Tractor ". He kept going back to this grumpy old man trying to sell him some tractors. The old man told him if he came into his office one more time he was going to break his legs. The next day Joe E. Brown shows up, gives a sales pitch and the next scene depicts him being thrown through a wooden door, doing three or four flips landing in the middle of the street. He dusts himself off and says, " This is going to be a tougher sale that I thought. "

It is a great movie!!

Here it is on tube:

If you want to learn to sell, watch the old Joe E. Brown Movie " Caterpillar Tractor ". He kept going back to this grumpy old man trying to sell him some tractors. The old man told him if he came into his office one more time he was going to break his legs. The next day Joe E. Brown shows up, gives a sales pitch and the next scene depicts him being thrown through a wooden door, doing three or four flips landing in the middle of the street. He dusts himself off and says, " This is going to be a tougher sale that I thought. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus was gay.

I don't think so. I'm not gay.

Are you?

("Not that there is anything wrong with that!!" - Jerry Sienfeld)

I had forgotten why I had stopped coming to this site, I remembered it now. Al3 was always such a d*ck about everything. I've read the posts written here and the topic of Door to Door or Cold Calling seems to be completely forgotten, but now focuses on Al3. Personally speaking I extremely dislike Al3. Al yes I'm stating I dislike you. Don't call me again either I'm not deleting this post, but I'm sure you'll be so irate about it that I'll receive a private message saying "the owner of this site dislikes people disliking others and such being your being hateful blah blah blah." Save it I'll post it public when you PM me. Or better yet call me and I'll post it up as a recording for everyone to laugh at. Al you made this entire thread about you. Hope that your happy that you've ruined another thread now that the entire original content of this post to call or d2d is about how YOU feel about it. Congrats? What would it have taken for you to say, "I don't like D2D I find it intrusive and think people that D2D are invading the prospects personal space." Was it really worth the time to explain and argue with everyone that your correct? Did it make you feel like a big man? Did it make you feel important? I'm guessing so since you can't seem to actually stick to the question asked. I think Al that you believe your above most people's views. You think that your right and entitled to shout it out to the world and correct them as well. Well much how you think your private property is really private, others are free to think for themselves. Personally speaking you pay property taxes don't you? Well then its not really your property. Your in terms leasing it from the government. Don't believe me? Stop paying your property taxes, lets see how long that takes for you to get evicted. I don't know why people are allowed to come into a thread and just hijack it. If your going to report me to the owner of the site go for it, you should be reported then as well for the continuance of utter bullsh*t that has nothing to do with the original question besides the statement of "I don't like it."

Where is the "Like" button?
yahoo.gif

Al, sometimes people doing cold calling or D2D do have something which may be worth of your attention. I would not knock your door for more than 2 times and leave if nobody answers. I do respect your privacy provided I KNOW that you really don't want to see any offers.
When I knock your door I feel more like a beggar-salesman rather than an entitled invader and destroyer. All I need is to deliver your 10-15 sec message I believe is important to you. Because if I knew that it is not important, I would not be wasting my time.

Calling before an agent goes to an appoint I find is a better approach for time savings than putting in useless windshield time and wasting time and money. I switched to only selling products over the phone and online. Most (almost 100%) of clients I offered both options to (sit down or phone appt) chose the latter so they could save their time as well. It can be especially hard when trying to find a common opening in your schedule to fit a husband and wife as well.

W

Back