Captive Agents With Lead Gen Websites

Pangaea

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone know the deal about captive agents with their own lead generating websites?

For example: John Axelrod happens to work for New York Life, but wants his own lead gen website?

What's the story?

Captive agents has just as much need for fresh prospects as anyone else. In addition to life agents with NYL, I know agents with State Farm, Allstate and others that are trying to generate fresh prospects just like all of us.

Not sure what the question is in relationship to.
The biggest obstacle for life agents and some captive P&C's is if they are securities licensed, they have to be careful what they put on an external site.

In some cases, I imagine captive agents would have to get their external sites approved by the anti-sales department.... err, I mean compliance department.

P&C agents are usually provided a website. Not sure how good it is when its a template just like everyone elses, but hey, its a website :)

Dan

Not sure what the question is in relationship to.
The biggest obstacle for life agents and some captive P&C's is if they are securities licensed, they have to be careful what they put on an external site.

In some cases, I imagine captive agents would have to get their external sites approved by the anti-sales department.... err, I mean compliance department.

P&C agents are usually provided a website. Not sure how good it is when its a template just like everyone elses, but hey, its a website :)

Dan

just build gen site with no mention of any agents name.

just build gen site with no mention of any agents name.

This is more of what I'm asking about. I told someone that they should just do this and they said they'd probably have to run it by their employer (New York Life) even if they just mention "Life insurance".

Was just curious what some are actually doing since I don't work with any captive agents.

Captives that have a securities license are usually asked during their annual compliance interviews if they have a website other than the company website. As stated above, if the agent only specifies the line of insurance he is looking to prospect and the site is generic, it will stay under the radar.

Also, with captives, there are many jealous agents that, if they discover another agent in their vicinity is prospecting through a landing page or generic site, would report them.

Either get the approval from your company to put up a generic site or just do it and keep your mouth shut.

Captives that have a securities license are usually asked during their annual compliance interviews if they have a website other than the company website. As stated above, if the agent only specifies the line of insurance he is looking to prospect and the site is generic, it will stay under the radar.

Also, with captives, there are many jealous agents that, if they discover another agent in their vicinity is prospecting through a landing page or generic site, would report them.

Either get the approval from your company to put up a generic site or just do it and keep your mouth shut.

Failure to disclose would subject the agent to serious punishment from both the firm and FINRA. You could probably get it past compliance as long as you kept it generic enough. The difficult part would be when you wanted to add content, I'm sure you'd have to sent it for approval. Depending on the B/D, it can take weeks to get it approved or even to get told to make changes.

Back