Career Life Expectancy of an FE Agent

I have many unforgettable characters that had some pretty large premiums with me, all paying annually. One was a man that had a med supp, life, LTC and a couple of 50K annuities with me. He had been in the hospital with a kidney problem and they catheterized him while he was there. A couple of month's later, he started having problems again so he went to the hardware store, bought some tubing and catheterized himself.. Got infected and darn near killed him. He was killed at age 87... Fell off his tractor and the bush hog ran over him. He was a referral from his brother-in-law who was referral from Calvin.

I have many unforgettable characters that had some pretty large premiums with me, all paying annually. One was a man that had a med supp, life, LTC and a couple of 50K annuities with me. He had been in the hospital with a kidney problem and they catheterized him while he was there. A couple of month's later, he started having problems again so he went to the hardware store, bought some tubing and catheterized himself.. Got infected and darn near killed him. He was killed at age 87... Fell off his tractor and the bush hog ran over him. He was a referral from his brother-in-law who was referral from Calvin.

LOL>>>:D:laugh::D Those farmer boys are there own sort of man!

I am asking this question because in the almost nine months that I have been doing this, I have come across only 3 agents in my area who have been focusing on FE for years. Two are guys about my age who have been in the insurance business for 20+ years, with the last 10 or so focused primarily on final expense. The third is an agent who seems to write nothing but a GI product. He goes door to door with his tablet computer and writes a GI eApp anyone and everyone who wants insurance. I know there is a married couple who are captive Trans agents as well. I would guess there must be others I haven't come across, but I doubt there are "many" others.
Hey, I don't count anymore?

I am guessing that area would be good for debit. maybe that area and philly or Pittsburgh

I suppose. I'm set up with a carrier to sell and service monthly debit business but I have not yet, nor, perhaps, will I ever take that step.

Back