Career Life Expectancy of an FE Agent

Question - because they are poor, is the optimal solution alway a Table 4ish Whole Life policy?
Depends partly on how they pay for it. If I'm talking to a young married couple with stable employment, who manage their limited finances well, and have a checking account at a "real" bank, I'll often write a larger fully underwritten term or term/WL combo on monthly bank draft.

On the other hand, if they need me to come by each month (or more) to pick up cash, or need to call me with their debit card, or pay by some other method besides a bank draft, I'm writing SIWL just because that's the only type usually available for agent collection or monthly direct bill.

Question - because they are poor, is the optimal solution alway a Table 4ish Whole Life policy?

Solution to what problem? Going to jail in 30 mins? Breaking a sugar addiction? Can't pay a funeral with a single check? Losing game 3 in the NLCS?

Solution to what problem? Going to jail in 30 mins? Breaking a sugar addiction? Can't pay a funeral with a single check? Losing game 3 in the NLCS?

You are probably correct. However, that was not the question. Also I guess "poor" is a relative statement.

It is just normal for me to maybe come out of a house with a SIWL app on one and a GUL on the other. It is just Life Insurance to me. Or say they are the working poor or union retirees and they can only afford $100mo total. 55 yr old, Std health. I can walk out (or hang up) with each at about $30,000.00 of Sagicor. The problem with this is if they can not afford the $25,000 minimum premium. Then SIWL may be the only solution.

But yeah, if we are talking health issues then their income is the secondary problem. Then I tell them it is not about which company they will take it is about which companies will take them. And yes, If we are talking small table rated policies I am probably going with SIWL.

At $30/lead, I’m knocking that door unless there is a fence and a pit bull between me and the door. In those cases, I pick up the empty beer cans laying along the sidewalk and toss them against the doors and windows until someone answers the door. I don’t care what The house looks like on the outside, I want to get inside to that kitchen table. I don’t sit at sofas and couches, ‘cause I won’t sit in cat piss. “Where is a table we can sit down at?” If they insist on the sofa, I try again by saying, “No, this won’t work. Where is your table? I have not yet had someone refuse to go clear off the table and make way for me to sit and present on that second try. If you don’t want to sit in cat piss, insist on the kitchen table.

That being said, two weeks ago as I was sitting at the table I suddenly caught the odor of fresh feces. I looked down, and the prospect’s dog was hunched down taking a dump right next to my foot. So the kitchen table may save you from sitting in cat piss, but it does open you up to stepping in dog shit.
Damn you DT!!! I'll be laughing the rest of the night. :laugh:

You are probably correct. However, that was not the question. Also I guess "poor" is a relative statement.

It is just normal for me to maybe come out of a house with a SIWL app on one and a GUL on the other. It is just Life Insurance to me. Or say they are the working poor or union retirees and they can only afford $100mo total. 55 yr old, Std health. I can walk out (or hang up) with each at about $30,000.00 of Sagicor. The problem with this is if they can not afford the $25,000 minimum premium. Then SIWL may be the only solution.

But yeah, if we are talking health issues then their income is the secondary problem. Then I tell them it is not about which company they will take it is about which companies will take them. And yes, If we are talking small table rated policies I am probably going with SIWL.

ha ha yeah I still have no idea what your question is, other then they happen to be poor. My answer will always be that I'm not going to speculate on solutions unless I have the slightest clue as to what the problem might be.

What I find amazing... are those times you meat the one who don't look like they have 2 dimes to rub together and you start investigating their financials... and are surprised by what you find...
Once had a couple that lived in a ramshackle shack (just rundown not nasty).. Wouldn't have thought they had two pennies much less two dines.. Presented them a med supp for each, quoted monthly (which I almost never did).. He looked at me and asked how much by the year... I thought, "yeah right" but I did tell him how much. He say, "Ma, go get him the money".. She disappeared into the living room and came back with a stack of nice fresh $100 bills. They became friends and some of my best clients..They bought life, cancer, long term care and paid it all by the year.... Have no idea just how many referrals they gave me but every month or so, someone would call and say,"Calvin told me to call you"..

They always offered me a cup of coffee which I accepted and drank even though it was horrible. She put enough instant coffee in the cup for two cups and then just run the cup foot of hot (warm) water from the kitchen faucet.

Once had a couple that lived in a ramshackle shack (just rundown not nasty).. Wouldn't have thought they had two pennies much less two dines.. Presented them a med supp for each, quoted monthly (which I almost never did).. He looked at me and asked how much by the year... I thought, "yeah right" but I did tell him how much. He say, "Ma, go get him the money".. She disappeared into the living room and came back with a stack of nice fresh $100 bills. They became friends and some of my best clients..They bought life, cancer, long term care and paid it all by the year.... Have no idea just how many referrals they gave me but every month or so, someone would call and say,"Calvin told me to call you"..

They always offered me a cup of coffee which I accepted and drank even though it was horrible. She put enough instant coffee in the cup for two cups and then just run the cup foot of hot (warm) water from the kitchen faucet.

These are the professionals that should be teaching in our so called institutions of higher learning... I've met my share... amazing stories of quite unpretentious folks that are the backbone of our society... great folks to call clients and friends. :yes:

...probably kept that cash under their mattress... :laugh:

What I find amazing... are those times you meat the one who don't look like they have 2 dimes to rub together and you start investigating their financials... and are surprised by what you find...
Biggest sale I ever got was in one of the worst parts of Dallas. The house was extremely run down and a hoarder house. Smelled terrible. We did everything on the front porch, just because there was nowhere to sit inside. I was there to deliver a claim check for a policy I had written 3 or 4 years earlier on her mother. It was for $4,000. She was glad to receive it, and thanked me. Then she commented, "now I gotta figure out what to do about Mama's CD's." I asked "how much is in the CD's?" "About 300 thousand". After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I wrote an annuity for her.

Back