Carrier Sniping

Another reason why its impossible to coast on residuals.

I have a small book and still have 22 clients facing terminated plans from UHC (NYC) this year.

I had a strong year so far with the LIS/DUAL market but still going to have to hustle to increase my residuals for 2019
I had a few on UHC plan 3 also, was a good plan, most are going plan 1 or medsupp, BC has crap this year again, If the only humana had a network there, but every year at least one big MA plan in one big area goes through this, The reason why I have my buis spread between 10 states

Hey Bob if need be you can use the trial right for GI on plan F or previous plan and carrier, If they disenrolled from Medsupp to MA for the first time and in the first year, the Only issue is commission, unfortunately, Nothing worse then resigning a client was previously getting paid on for no pay to fix someone else's mistake.

Yup, I know about trial right and most if not all the other GI situations. Pretty sure no one here (GA) pays more than $25 one time and many pay even less.

I just refuse to work for free . . . even if it is a former client.

Hey Bob if need be you can use the trial right for GI on plan F or previous plan and carrier, If they disenrolled from Medsupp to MA for the first time and in the first year, the Only issue is commission, unfortunately, Nothing worse then resigning a client was previously getting paid on for no pay to fix someone else's mistake.

They had no loyalty to you when they switched without even so much as calling you first so I would have no problem telling them," you got yourself into this mess, there is nothing I can do for you". I am running a business not a charity even though I do help many people without pay... Just not the ones that are disloyal..

I would have no problem telling them," you got yourself into this mess, there is nothing I can do for you".

Happens so rarely, and can't recall if someone came back after realizing it probably wasn't a good idea. But I too would have no problem telling them this is a business, not a hobby.

I'm increasingly finding people appreciate the continuity -- and expertise -- I represent for them, as insurers all around are merging with one another, or with pharmacy chains, or bait shops, etc

I do not disagree with your statement. Just trying to illuminate what/how the carriers are thinking about for the future.

which insurer merged with a bait shop?

57daeb9a1ce57.image.jpg

I’ve never had a client switch from one of these calls. They know I do the whole shebang (sup, MAPD, PDP), so when they almost always call and talk to me about what they’ve been offered (carrier or other agent-wise). It can be hard with the population we serve sometimes, but if they understand what all you are capable of doing for them and you take care of them if any issues do arise, then you will rarely have to deal with this.

Mutual of Omaha is a bit underhanded as well. Their tactic, which I've personally experienced is to send option for an existing Living Promises client to purchase more insurance at a discounted rate. Well, that rate was not available through the agent, only direct. I am the agent on that client's Living Promises plan. The client called me when they got the letter. When I called MOO, they informed me, that yes, I'm cut out of the deal. (but thanks for sending us the business)

Many of these companies undercut the agents.

MOO shows time and time again what a snake they are. Yet agents continue to line up to send them business.

It never ceases to amaze me that agents chase after the shiny object, get burned, and then do it all over again.

Certain companies are a snake, always have been and always will be.

Back