Case Study - Businesses DOMINATE Google with Video Marketing?

Geez, How's this for a business/marketing plan. In no particular order:
1. Referrals, Referral, Referrals.
2. Have a killer website
3. PPC
4. SEO to get on page 1 for several keywords
5. Direct Mail
6. Email
7. Possibly Cold Call

To much damn work... how bout just get to page one top 5 of about 15 keywords and just answer questions all day... thats easy and I can do it at the country club

I'm far from an expert on video marketing, but I have tried it. I have done about 60 videos answering generic questions like "what is a deductible?"

So far, it hasn't worked to generate much traffic for my insurance sites. I have yet to see hordes of traffic from YouTube, Viddler or any of the other couple of dozen sites we've uploaded the videos to.

You can dominate the video sharing sites for a given keyword and still get little traffic. I don't think that enough people go to YouTube looking for insurance information to make it profitable. The percentage of people who click on the link in the description is also pretty low.

There may be others out there who know how to use YouTube and the other video sharing sites and generate insurance traffic. I haven't given up on the idea entirely. I'm always testing new ideas to generate and convert traffic.

However, so far it seems to work for certain industries and not for others. Insurance seems to be one of the others.

(By the way, I think that I am a subscriber to the same video and article distribution system that the thread starter appears to be using.)

My experience is that placing videos on video sharing sites does little to generate more traffic. However, video on my Internet properties can increase conversions.

Videos on my blogs and linked to from the emails I send to prospects and clients seem to work. I have gotten a lot of positive comments but I have yet to A/B test.

The animated characters that I use on some of my sites increase conversions especially on my more poorly designed sites. My theory is that they draw the eye away from my ugly design. Here is an example on this homeowners insurance blog.

I have A/B tested the animated characters several times and the version of the page with the character always wins.

I like the way that Aaron is using video. He's using video to become a hard-to-ignore part of this forum community. I think that he has a great strategy. Aaron is giving us useful information in a (still) novel way.

I hope the combination of being a part of the community, creating good content and having a great "TV show to commercial" ratio is working well for Aaron.

However, just throwing up a bunch of videos on various video sharing sites doesn't work (At least not for me so far).

Article marketing actually is a much better way to go if you want to throw generic content out there, and that doesn't work all that well any more.

Last edited:
Alston-

I think for insurance video marketing the value (if there is any at all) is the backlink (not talking about videos on lead gen site).

See...finally everyone is talking about good stuff!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I wish prospects would find me on the Internet, but I know the truth. Internet marketing doesn't work.

It's dead folks. Telemarketing & Door knocking are making a strong comeback. "

@Pangea -
All my business comes from the internet and referrals, I haven't knocked on a single door since summer of 2005.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back