Looking For Tips: SEO For Insurance Agents

Are there any good freelance article writers that you would recommend?
There are plenty of websites you can use to look for freelance work - I like to use UpWork. You can find pretty knowledgeable writers there who will write your blogs just how you want them done.

And they're always on 1099s so you don't have to go through the W2 hiring process :)

There are plenty of websites you can use to look for freelance work - I like to use UpWork. You can find pretty knowledgeable writers there who will write your blogs just how you want them done.

And they're always on 1099s so you don't have to go through the W2 hiring process :)

What do you think about that guy who posted in this thread that you shouldn't hire writers to produce your content?

I am in the process of finding someone to build my website. What if I do not have the time to learn SEO and do it all of this myself. I found some companies that say they are really good at insurance marketing.

My questions are:
How do you know they are actually good?
What should I be asking to make sure they are legit?
How much should I be spending for a good SEO company?

I am in the process of finding someone to build my website. What if I do not have the time to learn SEO and do it all of this myself. I found some companies that say they are really good at insurance marketing.

My questions are:
How do you know they are actually good?
What should I be asking to make sure they are legit?
How much should I be spending for a good SEO company?
It's okay if you don't have the time to learn SEO. At least from my experience, the blogs on my site that are from a professional company always rank better than the blogs I do the copywriting for.

1. Check out their website and blogs. In my opinion, their own site can give you a sense of whether they seem legit or not.

2. Ask them to see some examples of clients (preferably insurance agents/brokers) and results from Google Analytics or another tool. This kind of ties into the last question - if they display good results, they are most likely good/legit.

3. You should not be spending more than $4,000 a month on SEO. Some companies will even go as low as $1,600 - $2,000 a month. It may seem like a lot but it's worth it if you don't have the time or labor to do it internally.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the feedback! I will make sure to follow your guys advice. I set up calls up next week with some SEO companies. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again!

What do you think about that guy who posted in this thread that you shouldn't hire writers to produce your content?

I absolutely agree. I wrote all of my content. If you are capable of writing great content, you need to write it yourself.

How likely is it that you will hire someone that knows more about your clients’ needs and concerns than you do?

I posted this earlier in "SEO for Insurance Websites". I just wanted your guys thought. I know I could write the content myself, but I think I would rather spend the money to not have to deal with it. These companies do have some great results.

I talked with a few SEO companies and they all sound very similar. The price has varied from $500/month to $2400/month. Has anyone worked with a SEO company and what were your results?

Here are the companies I talked with so far:
Marketing360
Bright Fire
321 Web Marketing
Nelson Marketing

I found this article on the forum: SEO agency shares new 2020 digital insurance marketing guide. It was from 321 Web Marketing. Are they more trustworthy because the insurance forum shared the article?

I am just having a hard time picking the right company. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I would be pretty careful paying someone to provide SEO services for you. Period.

Yes there are a lot of legitimate outfits out there that do it, but there is also a load of crap.

Improperly done SEO can look great for 6 -12 months and then blow up in your face.

This is not the same as paying somone to set up a website. That is a fairly common and safer thing to pay someone to do a business.

Google want Fresh, Original, Useful content. In some situations google wants to connect needy consumers with willing insurance agencies. Often those agencies are local. However not always.

Back