CE Credits Worth It When Doing AHIP?

JordanS

Expert
Hello everyone, I am about to do the final for AHIP and I see that I can get CE credits for about $37 for 7 credits. Is this worth buying or is it not a good value for the credits?

With NAPA, I can get all of my CE covered with ExamFX but I saw some pretty rough reviews of the free option with NAPA here on this forum.

I usually use WebCE and haven't had any problems even though they raised the price in recent years.

I was curious regardless of the option I choose for CE, is it worth buying the 7 credits from completing the AHIP every year?

Why or why not have you done it?

Hello everyone, I am about to do the final for AHIP and I see that I can get CE credits for about $37 for 7 credits. Is this worth buying or is it not a good value for the credits?

With NAPA, I can get all of my CE covered with ExamFX but I saw some pretty rough reviews of the free option with NAPA here on this forum.

I usually use WebCE and haven't had any problems even though they raised the price in recent years.

I was curious regardless of the option I choose for CE, is it worth buying the 7 credits from completing the AHIP every year?

Just another way that AHIP rips off agents. 7 CE credits will mean you still need more CE credits. I got 24 hours for $75, and that includes transmission fees.

Please note, I am NOT an agent.

I just read another op's comment in this thread:
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...ly-easy…kaplan-financial-not-so-much….110421/

Thinking on that comment and your question here, for you it seems like it might come down to how you value your time.

You buy a WebCE package and you spend X hours doing your CE.

You buy a WebCE package plus $37 for 7 hours of AHIP CE credit. You have to do the AHIP work anyway. You spend 7 hours less on the WebCE site. Is the 7 hour time reduction on WebCE worth $37 to you?

If you are a new agent, having trouble booking all your time with prospects, it might not be. If you are farther along in developing your book and chain of prospects to talk with, it might be. You could spend the 7 hours on one or two prospects rather than CE. I see it as an individual choice for you, based on your own individual business circumstances.

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/webce-is-incredibly-easy…kaplan-financial-not-so-much….110421/

Thinking on that comment and your question here, for you it seems like it might come down to how you value your time.

You buy a WebCE package plus $37 for 7 hours of AHIP CE credit. You have to do the AHIP work anyway. You spend 7 hours less on the WebCE site. Is the 7 hour time reduction on WebCE worth $37 to you?

If you are a new agent, having trouble booking all your time with prospects, it might not be. If you are farther along in developing your book and chain of prospects to talk with, it might be. You could spend the 7 hours on one or two prospects rather than CE. I see it as an individual choice for you, based on your own individual business circumstances.

But with WebCE, you can get 24 hours for $49.95

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/webce-is-incredibly-easy…kaplan-financial-not-so-much….110421/

It's not an actual 7 hour course though - You get hours based on the course, a 7 hour course could take someone 30 minutes to complete.

The last time I renewed my resident license I bought the basic get-all-your-hours package from WebCE, went straight to the exams, and was fully done in 32 minutes.

I value my time tremendously. The older I get, the more possessive I am becoming with my minutes.

Where did you take your exams? How did you have your exam “monitored by a disinterested 3rd party”?

Back