Cigna Medsupp Florida

did they mention when they say they will launch?
Product was released in FL seven days ago, from what I understand. I can PM you the rates to review.

Cigna Supplemental had major issues during AEP (I think well documented on the Forum). I visited their office in Austin a few weeks back and their agent services hold times and policy issue times are back to acceptable levels. Having worked with them for many years prior to the Cigna purchase, I can say that they historically never really had issue problems or agent service problems, but the amount of business they are writing is many magnitudes greater than they had in the past. This tends to happen with companies that increase their new business over a short period of time.

As mentioned by HoosierLife, they have a $50 guarantee on 5 business day issue which is subject to the app being in good order, phone verification at point of sale and use of Express App, etc.

Im not really looking to call these guys back, as I know marketers play a lot of games.

You're lucky.. I received no less than 15 calls from different marketers trying to push CIGNA, as if it's a brand new company, just because I'm in Florida. "It's finally here!!!" "It's amazing.. a huge company is now ready!!!!"

BIG DEAL - their rates are not good enough to write.

We have written lots of their business in other states and, although they were a nightmare during AEP, now they're issuing fully underwritten business within 48 hours in our experience.

Even though we have a client indicate they've been cancer free for over 2 years, however (for example), they are still declining these cases if they are still on preventive medication, like Tamoxifen, which is typically taken for ten years after the cancer. In these cases, the initial decline was reversed after production of a letter from the physician as to the last date of treatment.

So, they're quick on the trigger to decline cases even when the U/W guide and the questions are in line. Also, any "co-morbid" cases (see their guide) will result in an automatic decline, and these are contrary rules to most other Med Supp providers.

As for FL, I have not seen CIGNA, nor the new CSI rates here, to be competitive at all. They won't be, until and unless they keep these new rates while everyone else has significant rate increases in the next 12 to 18 months.

So, there is a lot of unnecessary, overdone fanfare for this Florida launch, both for CIGNA and CSI. Stonebridge is still real good for Florida, except for their lack of committment to an electronic application. That's very important for my crew.

Little bit higher than UHC and FL blue. In my area UHC is $172 for plan F. I think Cigna is around $180 IIRC. Good to have in your bag just in case someone won't work with AARP, and someone wants a company name they're familiar with.

Or they want a real insurance policy lol

----------

You're lucky.. I received no less than 15 calls from different marketers trying to push CIGNA, as if it's a brand new company, just because I'm in Florida.

That was probably my bad. I received 15 calls too and they each told me that I would receive a free chicken dinner for anyone I referred and signed up. :idea:

Back