Client Retention & Referrals.....

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
What types of client retention and client referrals process do you all use? I want to up my game.

Used to send out cards to all of my clients for every occasion, and it probably did pay off, but I got tired of it. Now, I have a couple of physician's offices that send me a lot of new business, so I give them Holiday gifts.

I don't lose that many clients because of my laissez faire attitude, hardly any, but don't gain as many referrals as I did when I sent out the birthday, Christmas, and hello cards. At the time that I was sending out all of those cards, I got a lot extra calls just to "chat", I really don't miss that very much. I want to sell.

newsletter send out cards

But things really got better when I started calling clients for reviews 2 or 3 years on policies

The referrals have been my lifeline over the last 2 years

Get referrals every month now sometimes a gett more than a few in a month

This month 6 already

What types of client retention and client referrals process do you all use? I want to up my game.

The best retention tool is doing the right thing for the client from the very beginning and educating them as much as possible (this could also be stated "train them as much as possible"). In addition, stay in touch with them. Whether it's a newsletter, birthday cards or phone calls. I almost never lose a client unless it's due to death or they move to a state where I'm not licensed and don't want to get licensed there (speaking specifically of MAPD/PDP here as Med Supp travels with them).

That is very much worthwhile, I have to make myself do it..sometimes it results in a lower renewal commission, but hopefully brings good will.

That is the

Its has worked out for me better retention better referrals

More than that it gets you in a better selling mood when the leads are angry get a few this way and go back to the leads

Honestly I wasnt sure about it myself before I started, Though I have seen many posts about it, but I found too when someone goes to the 5th years or so they start dropping off if I did not look to review them. Some not either way the report is not as strong after 5 or 6 years

However when I call every 2 or 3 years and I don't push but to make contact see if they want review say hello

it goes a long way. I have clients that I have for 5 years that are now starting a new 6 years with me

besides that, I have referrals when my leads are not doing as well over the last year and a half or so which has saved me while I figure this part-out

Back