Medicare Advantage client retention

Has anyone else seen the new benefit on one of the MAPD plans that offers fitness reimbursement. Can use the pool of money to buy tennis shoes, golf shoes, pickleball racquet, reimburses green fees and driving range for golfing and pays for golf clubs. Pays for State and Federal park permits, tents, hiking sticks, etc. Pretty sweet new benefit. And still no premium. :)

Devoted has something like that in Fl this year.

This is a major carrier. I’m excited about it. Anytime benefits are better year over year it’s a win. Also increased dental, vision and OTC. Life is good.
Same,

Except when one plan is very good already, then the carrier makes one great change to it and changed the plan #, so if you want to offer it to client you need to move all the clients on the one to the other. Why do they do this? Ugh. It's going to be a ton more work to make sure clients get switched, but I did find a way to use it to my advantage and grow book from it.

Personally I love the better bennies each year, just wish they would not change a plan # when it would be easy enough to just make the plan slide over.

Same,

Except when one plan is very good already, then the carrier makes one great change to it and changed the plan #, so if you want to offer it to client you need to move all the clients on the one to the other. Why do they do this? Ugh. It's going to be a ton more work to make sure clients get switched, but I did find a way to use it to my advantage and grow book from it.

Personally I love the better bennies each year, just wish they would not change a plan # when it would be easy enough to just make the plan slide over.
Humana does that. The current PPO MAPD is losing some benefits(OTC), and higher copays. They are coming out with another new plan with better benefits(with OTC and lower copays), so you really need to help your clients and move them. Ridiculous.

Humana does that. The current PPO MAPD is losing some benefits(OTC), and higher copays. They are coming out with another new plan with better benefits(with OTC and lower copays), so you really need to help your clients and move them. Ridiculous.
Yep. Going into 3rd AEP I'm learning the tricks. And one trick is to gain super loyalty and put them in plans with carriers that DO NOT do this!!!

I'm just glad i'm learning this relatively early in the game. It's still costing me first 3 weeks of AEP not on new biz.

The study analyzed disenrollment patterns for 82.4 million individuals enrolled in Medicare Advantage between 2011 and 2020. After one year, 13.2 percent of enrollees in non-dual-eligible plans disenrolled from the plan, and 15.9 percent of beneficiaries in dual-eligible special needs plans disenrolled.

After five years, 48.3 percent of enrollees in non-dual-eligible MA plans had left the plan, and 53.4 percent of D-SNP enrollees had disenrolled.

payers are not incentivized to invest in long-term strategies to improve members' care outcomes

https://www.beckerspayer.com/payer/...ll-from-their-plans-within-5-years-study.html
This article leaves a lot to be desired in the way of a real quantifiable analysis that will actually tell us something of value.

Doesn't say what they did after they disenrolled. Yes they bounce and need to bounce around for Rx reasons, needs changing. Doesn't say they bounced agents or went back to original medicare, or bounced bc they hated their plan, or loved the next best freebie etc.

This is all I got out of it really. This one sentence that really tells me not a whole heck of anything. Most beneficiaries who disenrolled from one MA plan enrolled in a different MA option rather than traditional Medicare, the study found.

Some of the bouncing will be bc another plan with richer bennies came out with a different plan # also, although they're staying with the same carrier and same agent

Sorry but this wasted my brain cells. Ugh. I clicked bc I thought it might actually depict something valuable. And can't click on more of that, bc the long article to begin with was bunk.

Adding to my above post, just a little standardization and carriers stop making slight changes and then changing the plan #s would curb some of the bouncing around.

OM with PDP would be so much easier for us all. Guess we live in a country that loves having a ton of choices.

As I review my book of business pre-AEP, I once again find way too many clients that have fallen off. Many are on the same plan- but with a different agent (likely due to a one- month switch and then rewriting back on the same plan). Others have been changed to plans that are not as good as the one I wrote them on. Some are due to changes in their healthcare status (i.e. gain or loss of Medicaid). The frustrating thing is that I know the agents who are doing this likely do not have "permission to contact". I do send birthday and Christmas cards and always answer my phone to deal with issues. I obviously need a better retention strategy. I know that a lot of agents will monitor their book of business on a monthly basis to see who is about to fall off, and then contact the client to cancel the enrollment. This illegal according to CMS- but apparently effective. I have not engaged in this practice (as of yet). Does anyone have a (legal) solution that works?

Some carriers show your pending future terminations. Those people are still on the books, so they are fair game to call. For the ones I don't catch that way or who are with carriers that don't show changes until the commission statement rolls, I send postcards letting them know that I saw they ended their plan, but if they need future help, reach out to me. Mail is allowed, so its a legal option. It works the vast majority of the time because so many don't know that they are being changed.

This article leaves a lot to be desired in the way of a real quantifiable analysis that will actually tell us something of value.

Doesn't say what they did after they disenrolled. Yes they bounce and need to bounce around for Rx reasons, needs changing. Doesn't say they bounced agents or went back to original medicare, or bounced bc they hated their plan, or loved the next best freebie etc.

This is all I got out of it really. This one sentence that really tells me not a whole heck of anything. Most beneficiaries who disenrolled from one MA plan enrolled in a different MA option rather than traditional Medicare, the study found.

Some of the bouncing will be bc another plan with richer bennies came out with a different plan # also, although they're staying with the same carrier and same agent

Sorry but this wasted my brain cells. Ugh. I clicked bc I thought it might actually depict something valuable. And can't click on more of that, bc the long article to begin with was bunk.

There's a reason he left that part out...

Some carriers show your pending future terminations. Those people are still on the books, so they are fair game to call. For the ones I don't catch that way or who are with carriers that don't show changes until the commission statement rolls, I send postcards letting them know that I saw they ended their plan, but if they need future help, reach out to me. Mail is allowed, so its a legal option. It works the vast majority of the time because so many don't know that they are being changed.

Thats false what you’re saying . Cms has 100% specified YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CONTACT FUTURE DISENROLLMENTS . It’s not fair game .Please learn the proper rules and regulations .

Back