Client that calls repeatedly

Its good to know the list of meds their on...

Narcotics make some people LOVE to talk.

Psychotropic meds tell another story, also with some who love to talk for attention (personality issues).

Generalization, yes, but...too long of story for today.

FE agent... I've fired a few like this. My stuff is simple... and I don't want clients who make it complex... poor business model.

It's the old 80/20 rule.

Yup. I very rarely get an NSF or a lapse notice now. There are may two people that sometimes nsf.

Calls = want information on more or different insurance, occasionally a bank or bene change and referrals. Oh, and the 'hi Wino, just making sure you haven't retired' Me = 'You meN died? LOL' Them = 'yes, that too'

I'm not chasing people or repeatedly answering the same questions.

@WinoBlues - Im in PC primarily. So IMO is IMO as a Property guy and this scenario is not about a sale but about client service with what I presume is an exisiting client.

P&C is far too complex with exisiting clients to discuss real matters over text. There is just not enough room for detail, nor is it easy to incorporate with your AMS system, and I have E&O concerns.

Its totally possible this guy just wants to talk about the weather - and that is fine for texts. But the moment that we are swapping out VINs, changing coverages, additing Additional Insureds = I cant do that all over text.

And to get back to the core issue here:
If we are not doing one of these types of things with the client - than why do we need to talk [or email]?

@WinoBlues - Im in PC primarily. So IMO is IMO as a Property guy and this scenario is not about a sale but about client service with what I presume is an exisiting client.

P&C is far too complex with exisiting clients to discuss real matters over text. There is just not enough room for detail, nor is it easy to incorporate with your AMS system, and I have E&O concerns.

Its totally possible this guy just wants to talk about the weather - and that is fine for texts. But the moment that we are swapping out VINs, changing coverages, additing Additional Insureds = I cant do that all over text.

And to get back to the core issue here:
If we are not doing one of these types of things with the client - than why do we need to talk [or email]?

Got it. Thanks.

Very simple. He calls, you email him, "I received your message. I am out of the office and have a very busy week, however, I wanted to reply. Please email me and let me know specifically what your question is regarding your coverage. Thank you very much and have a great week."

You may want to include the option that he can call policyholder services. Vague, ambiguous, non-responsive, doesn't matter -- simply continue to be direct, with clarity, and pointed. Each email should specifically request that he tell you what, specifically, he was calling about. "Thanks for the reply. As you know, we've spoken numerous times over the past 30 days, as well as 60 days. We discussed and reviewed all of your questions in detail. At this point in time however, based upon my schedule, you are going to need to let me know your specific questions so that I can review your coverage, get the answers and contact you with the answers. This is the most efficient and effective way for me to find out what your specific questions are at this point, and then get you the information or answers you need. Thank you very much and please let me know your specific questions, or concerns."

If he keeps going, is non-responsive, and refuses to be specific -- and demands a call -- one more reply explaining that it is an inefficient use of time, and ineffective, to keep speaking, then spend time getting answers, and then reporting back to him. It perpetuates an endless exchange and it's what caused the result of X calls in one month, two months, or three months. At that point, you have documented that he is a difficult, if not impossible client, and you can speak with the home office about firing him. Stick to your policies. He can fire you, but you can also fire him.

Thanks for typing this out. I’ll have to add this to my methods of communication. It really will help those people who call me once a month for coverage on XYZ, but ends up doing nothing.

Back