CMS Statement on System Changes to Stop Unauthorized Agent and Broker Marketplace Activity

That would be awesome
Really?

I rememebr when I first started, I had to call in to humaman and do 3 way call, it would add near hour to each call

sometimes they would be super rude and you would have to hang up and call back again

sometimes the prospect got offended at something

sometimes there was a misunderstanding and the call would be ended by humana

sometimes and this would be the worst, you would have a client ready on the phone and NO ONE was available to pick up the call

What do you think nov will be like if they are taking call for both Medicare and ACA??

the likely outcome is more people using Medicare direct for enrolments and less people using agents

the only agents that will do ok with this are the large call centers that have the bandwidth to deal with it

I save an avg of 5 mapd plans a month that were flipped by call centers . We always hear “ my client didn’t even know they were moved “ I’d say out of every 10 I save 6 to 7 knew they were moved . There were suckered in to believe the plan was better. I’d say only 1 to 1.5 of my clients moved say “ I didn’t talk to anyone “ . To move a mapd plan is 10 times more work than to move a aca plan . You just pull up the app with a simple name and dob and go through it and press enter and your the new aor . Takes 2 mins . With mapd you have to do a new app . It takes call center agents 30 mins to 1 hr to do that . The mapd client knows when they’re being moved . This new aca rule basically shuts down the bs no call leads . Aca has never been a big part of my business but I get a ton of Medicare business off aca . I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten a referral “ I just got this red ,white and blue card in the mail . What do I do “?

T
I save an avg of 5 mapd plans a month that were flipped by call centers . We always hear “ my client didn’t even know they were moved “ I’d say out of every 10 I save 6 to 7 knew they were moved . There were suckered in to believe the plan was better. I’d say only 1 to 1.5 of my clients moved say “ I didn’t talk to anyone “ . To move a mapd plan is 10 times more work than to move a aca plan . You just pull up the app with a simple name and dob and go through it and press enter and your the new aor . Takes 2 mins . With mapd you have to do a new app . It takes call center agents 30 mins to 1 hr to do that . The mapd client knows when they’re being moved . This new aca rule basically shuts down the bs no call leads . Aca has never been a big part of my business but I get a ton of Medicare business off aca . I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten a referral “ I just got this red ,white and blue card in the mail . What do I do “?

Ok so what are you going to do during AEP and you got lots of appointments, you were just a LONG appointment and close the deal husb and wife

and you call CMS, and after holdening, you get a really rude CMS worker clints cuts call

You bring them back and call again and you wait and wait now half hour and no one has picked up the phone and they client is just say forget the whole thing

Ok what happens if you lose one out of 10 or more because of long wait times and disconnected call and rude calls

Takes 2 mins . With mapd you have to do a new app . It takes call center agents 30 mins to 1 hr to do that . The mapd client knows when they’re being moved

Tons of the Medicare call center clients do NOT know or understand they’re being moved. That’s the problem. CMS doesn’t seem to care. They see the complaints and they see the number of complaints that are substantiated. They don’t hold carriers accountable. If you and I had 40% annual churn and 2% complaint rate (of all sales), with 50%+ of those complaints substantiated, we would be termed in a heartbeat. The most common complaints are enrollment without consent and misrepresentation. Not trivial things. Because everything is recorded, it’s easy to know with certainty if the complaint was founded.

Walter

Been a few days since I looked at the original stuff - but is it a hassle if changing plans?

I guess when I first read it I thought it would only cause this extra step for updating an app (same plan) and taking AOR.

Is there an extra step if changing plans also?

Tons of the Medicare call center clients do NOT know or understand they’re being moved. That’s the problem. CMS doesn’t seem to care. They see the complaints and they see the number of complaints that are substantiated. They don’t hold carriers accountable. If you and I had 40% annual churn and 2% complaint rate (of all sales), with 50%+ of those complaints substantiated, we would be termed in a heartbeat. The most common complaints are enrollment without consent and misrepresentation. Not trivial things. Because everything is recorded, it’s easy to know with certainty if the complaint was founded.

Walter
I deal with 5-10 switches a month . What the client says and the truth are usually 2 different things . If it’s a dsnp/lis client these people fill out tons of cards and press Facebook buttons all the time . Possibly with their lower education they don’t understand they switched . I assure you they said yes to something .Aca has been different in that they can be moved without talking to anyone . I used to think mapd clients were always taken advantage of . They give out their Medicare card or as #

I deal with 5-10 switches a month . What the client says and the truth are usually 2 different things . If it’s a dsnp/lis client these people fill out tons of cards and press Facebook buttons all the time . Possibly with their lower education they don’t understand they switched . I assure you they said yes to something .Aca has been different in that they can be moved without talking to anyone . I used to think mapd clients were always taken advantage of . They give out their Medicare card or as #
Perhaps, but the call recordings don’t lie.

Been a few days since I looked at the original stuff - but is it a hassle if changing plans?

I guess when I first read it I thought it would only cause this extra step for updating an app (same plan) and taking AOR.

Is there an extra step if changing plans also?
The hassle is only to change AOR. If you're the existing AOR, you can make changes and don't have to call in. We're waiting to find out if you have to call during OE if another agent wrote them the previous year.

Back