CMS Statement on System Changes to Stop Unauthorized Agent and Broker Marketplace Activity

Duaine

Guru
1000 Post Club
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is committed to protecting consumers from bad actors and ensuring the program integrity of the Federally-facilitated Marketplace (FFM). That’s why CMS is taking additional action to address increases in unauthorized changes in consumers’ enrollments by agents and brokers.

Starting on July 19, 2024, CMS will block an agent or broker from making changes to a consumer’s FFM enrollment unless the agent is already associated with the consumer’s enrollment. Today’s new steps build on CMS’s previous work to protect consumers on the FFM by suspending and terminating agents and brokers who perform unauthorized Marketplace activity.

An agent or broker who is not already associated with a consumer’s enrollment must now take additional steps to update a consumer’s Marketplace enrollment, even with their consent. Unassociated, or “new,” agents and brokers will be required to conduct a three-way call with the consumer and the Marketplace Call Center, or to direct the consumer to submit the change themselves through HealthCare.gov or via an approved Classic Direct Enrollment or Enhanced Direct Enrollment partner website with a consumer pathway.

For more information on these changes, click the link below to access the full statement from CMS.
[EXTERNAL LINK] - CMS Statement on System Changes to Stop Unauthorized Agent and Broker Marketplace Activity | CMS

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is committed to protecting consumers from bad actors and ensuring the program integrity of the Federally-facilitated Marketplace (FFM). That’s why CMS is taking additional action to address increases in unauthorized changes in consumers’ enrollments by agents and brokers.

Starting on July 19, 2024, CMS will block an agent or broker from making changes to a consumer’s FFM enrollment unless the agent is already associated with the consumer’s enrollment. Today’s new steps build on CMS’s previous work to protect consumers on the FFM by suspending and terminating agents and brokers who perform unauthorized Marketplace activity.

An agent or broker who is not already associated with a consumer’s enrollment must now take additional steps to update a consumer’s Marketplace enrollment, even with their consent. Unassociated, or “new,” agents and brokers will be required to conduct a three-way call with the consumer and the Marketplace Call Center, or to direct the consumer to submit the change themselves through HealthCare.gov or via an approved Classic Direct Enrollment or Enhanced Direct Enrollment partner website with a consumer pathway.

For more information on these changes, click the link below to access the full statement from CMS.
[EXTERNAL LINK] - CMS Statement on System Changes to Stop Unauthorized Agent and Broker Marketplace Activity | CMS

Ohh man what is that going to be like, Man when it was new, it was a mess just calling in for my self,

And how time consuming will this be

and how many cms workers are going to intervene with their own opinions as they tend to do

Everyone chill. This move will protect your current book from being stolen mid year. I'm sure it's a band aid until some final authenticity fix comes during OEP. It's the new business who have current agents on the policy....... you can kiss goodbye. Seems you can still use Sherpa to enroll new clients.

Everyone chill. This move will protect your current book from being stolen mid year. I'm sure it's a band aid until some final authenticity fix comes during OEP. It's the new business who have current agents on the policy....... you can kiss goodbye. Seems you can still use Sherpa to enroll new clients.

Ok so like today I got one is retiring but his wife is 58 and needs coverage, on goup now, I dont need to do call

now what about referrals I get that are on the marketplace I have to do 3 way call?

If so when does it start I have received instruction other then the email just a few minuets ago If I had one now or Monday I need to do this already?

Ok so like today I got one is retiring but his wife is 58 and needs coverage, on goup now, I dont need to do call

now what about referrals I get that are on the marketplace I have to do 3 way call?

If so when does it start I have received instruction other then the email just a few minuets ago If I had one now or Monday I need to do this already?
Anyone who has an app on healthcare.gov you’ll have to call to do 3 way to change it . Also something interesting with Ambetter happened last week . A girl I wrote 3 yrs ago and she dropped her coverage after a few months . She popped back up on my Ambetter book of business as me being the Aor . Somebody wrote her a zero premium bronze plan . My old app and Aor must have snagged her to be

Laughing...one of my clients who was stolen by a Call Center was put back on my list. Both the client and I had tried to get this done for months with HC.gov with no effect so some good did come of this anyway.
Spider Man doing taxes.jpg

Latest posts

Back