Humana First Look?

Data to back that up?

You may be at a disadvantage for retention and referrals but that is not my problem. Closing ratio and retention is in the high 90's. And I get plenty of referrals, sometimes too many at one time.

Are you jealous?

Don is an expert at throwing out "data" without any backup, and very few buy into his "inside information". Don't go down that road.
Go study the SEC filings of every single publicly traded call center, along with the ones that went under or went private. You’ll find all you need.

There are several scaled MA telesales agencies that are cashflow and EBITDA positive, although most of them aren't. The ones that are profitable are either very tightly run or have some durable advantage of leadflow through provider, affinity or other...

The biggest problem with scaling these businesses is that there is always pressure to grow and the last agent you hire and the last marketing dollar you spend are always very underwater.

I do think that some of the new tech available to generate training calls with AI rather than expensive marketing will shorten the ramp time and increase marketing efficiency when bringing on new classes, which will help.

But at the end of the day, there was just too much capital chasing the same opportunities which created an inefficient market for lead costs and agent costs and until more of that shakes out of the system, the profitable companies will be few and far between once they hit any kind of real scale.
Who do you know that’s large (100k+ MA sales a year) who has ever been cash flow positive for a single year? Dont say GoHealth because they’ve turned into nothing but a glorified BPO shop paid on heaped deals that if legal are because of a loophole that someone will close once they understand it.

And then if you can cite one that meets that definition, how much debt do they have? Speaking of GoHealth, look at their debt load.

These are rhetorical questions because those brokers don’t exist. There’s a reason they all trade at an enormous discount to commissions receivable.

Here’s a list of the ones that didn’t figure it out, haven’t figured it out and or have no great plan for figuring it out any time soon. SelectQuote. Ehealth. AssuranceIQ. HealthIQ. Tranzact. Benefytt. GoHealth. ETeleQuote. EverQuote.

I have worked telephonically for over 30 years and yet, somehow I have managed to develop relationships with my clients. Actually, it is quite easy for me.

The hardest part was learning to listen for buying signs vs visual cues.

Jeff Root's organization is 100% telesales and they are quite successful. Several other "big hitters" do the same.

Wonder how they make it work without pounding the pavement?
I think that’s great. You are special and you should be proud. You’re not doing it at scale partly because it cannot be done at any real scale. (MAPD)

Walter, I am a one man shop, no downline. It has worked for me for years and no plans to change.

At one time I had agents and made a damn good living from overrides . . . worked 1 - 2 days per week. It was as much fun as herding cats.

Some of the stupid shit they did had a way of rolling up to me . . . getting named in lawsuits and stuff. I had enough of that, moved on and never looked back.

Not everyone wants to "do it to scale" and are quite satisfied to make a 6 figure income without the overhead or hassle of scaling up the operation.

Back to the folks who say "phone sales don't work, you can't develop relationships, yada, yada, yada . . ." there are several of us who prove that theorem to be wrong

THE PARTY CONTINUES IN FLORIDA!!!!

Vince Vaughn Party GIF

THE PARTY CONTINUES IN FLORIDA!!!!

Vince Vaughn Party GIF

I was surprised. Not bad at all. They raised the PPO part B refund to max. But they did add a DED. But took away any part D ded. Otherwise it looks the same. Their regular PPO looks the same and the hmo too

I was surprised. Not bad at all. They raised the PPO part B refund to max. But they did add a DED. But took away any part D ded. Otherwise it looks the same. Their regular PPO looks the same and the hmo too
Where do you see this?

Back