Cold Calling is powerful

I've been selling telemarketing lists for about 10 years. I really started getting into the details about 7 years ago when I started buying up databases and selling them through portals I built or had built. About 20,000 orders at this point, and my consumer database is usually between 200 million and 250 million. There is a big drop in the number of records without phones (not all records have phones), then there is a cut on the DNC, usually between 15% and 25%.

Got it. Well, imo cold calling is a newb game.

BUT lists like what you offer can instead be used to create custom audiences for digital targeting, which is exactly how I'd use that info. This way there is no landline limitation, and no regulatory infractions to worry about.

While you can't call the cell numbers without permission, the cell data for cellphone only households helps the algorithm identify the individual along with the name, email, and location.

BUT lists like what you offer can instead be used to create custom audiences for digital targeting, which is exactly how I'd use that info. This way there is no landline limitation, and no regulatory infractions to worry about.

While you can't call the cell numbers without permission, the cell data for cellphone only households helps the algorithm identify the individual along with the name, email, and location.

"newb game".

What is the basis of your opinion?

Digital marketing has fundamental limitations itself. They are very different ways of reaching people.

Algorithm? What algorithm? What are you talking about here?

If only Ben Feldman or Joe Gandolfo were alive... I'd say to go talk to them and ask THEM if "cold calling is a newb game".

They did all their production... by making calls.

And don't tell me "that was before DNC". They called on everybody plus business owners.

If only Ben Feldman or Joe Gandolfo were alive... I'd say to go talk to them and ask THEM if "cold calling is a newb game".

Dead people? If you ask "was cold calling worth it in 1975?" I'd probably say yes too. Today digital marketing is a far superior way to engage a client.

Let's say it takes you 2 hours to get an appointment that sticks then another hour to run that appointment, and you have a 25% closing ratio. It took you 12 hours of work to close that deal.

I can do the same with maybe an hour of work and $30 of ad spend.

Is $30 worth 11 hours of your time? If so I have some rooftiles I need replacing and I'm willing to pay you $6 and hour, more than double your cold calling value add.

Yes, cold calling is a newb game today.

No... YOUR cold calling is a newb game. Don't confuse delivery method with skilled communication.

Maybe. I did once have a team of 15 Filipinos all cold calling and transferring, so I'm not exactly unfamiliar. Digital marketing is far better.

But sure, maybe you are the Michael Jordan of cold callers.

That would mean that for everyone who isn't Michael Jordan on the phones, cold calling probably still isn't worth it.

Hey man, you do you and I wish you the best w your endeavor :)

Reactions: DHK
Maybe. I did once have a team of 15 Filipinos all cold calling and transferring, so I'm not exactly unfamiliar. Digital marketing is far better.

I think you misspelled "different".

There are things digital marketing can do, that offline marketing and cold calling can't do.

There are things that cold calling can do, that digital marketing will never be able to.

So if I'm to understand what you're saying correctly, after having 15 Filipinos "all cold calling and transferring", you determined that digital marketing was better for you?

I had up to 20 Filipinos calling for me simultaneously, and have probably hired over 100.

You're making a "newb" assumption: that because you have an opinion, you're right.

One of the most consistent things about lead generation, is that, different strokes work for different folks.

One of my customers has been door knocking for years, does over $100k/year in life insurance sales buying door knocking lists. He spends less than $400/year to make over $100k/year. Is that a "newb game"?

As respectfully as I can, I find people afraid of cold calling, are generally people afraid of "work". It is a real grind to pick up the phone and talk to a person. It is very easy to type up ads, pay for promotion, and sit back and talk to people who have already gone out looking for interest in a product. Very different skill sets. I believe those capable of cold calling would still prefer other methods, but the ability to cold call is what helps drive the success of other marketing methods. The more you get to really understand customers and have conversations with them, the easier it is to develop marketing strategies that work.

What are you even calling "digital marketing"? One of the biggest challenges with that, is, the internet is full of experienced digital marketers. So from scratch, people are trying to compete with folks that have been doing internet marketing for up to two decades. If you're under the age of 30 (which the "newb game" comment sounds consistent with), then you probably are a little late to the game.

So what do you consider "digital marketing"? What do you believe makes that better than picking up the phone and talking to people?

Do you think the agents working telemarketed leads should stop?

Well, imo cold calling is a newb game.

Give me a newb, and I'll take them out and ditch their carrier in the cold calling field. It isn't a newb game cause those without game cannot cold call anything... they just think they can.

It is by far much less productive than DMs or leads, but to say that it's a newb game shows your skill level. Only those who have something hanging in their nether region and something active under their skull cap can do it to any degree of success. I like to think of them as "master influencers".

I think you misspelled "different".

No, you are defending your business model. I already offered to you that your lead lists could be useful in digital marketing to create custom audiences. So I'm not trying to kick your business in the nuts here.

Cold calling is a shitty method of prospecting. How many people do you piss off daily? Do you care? When you do get a prospect to chat w you, they are already suspect due to the fact that you are a telemarketer. Everyone hates telemarketers.

Then it takes many times more effort per unit of production at every level of the sale, and you can't pixel the interested audience to retarget nor can you build brand recognition w cold calling. In fact, since everyone hates telemarketers it is potentially disruptive to your potential brand to cold call and disturb people.

I had up to 20 Filipinos calling for me simultaneously, and have probably hired over 100.

Yup I've done the same. By any account I had great success w it. Its a far inferior method to digital marketing scaling. A cold calling center is a merry-go-round of frustration for everyone involved that is getting more and more difficult to scale every year.

Cold calling is for newbs who haven't figured out or don't have the cashflow to do actual branding and real marketing.

As I've already stated, if you dudes feel you are the Michael Jordan and LeBron James of cold callers and thus productive at it... then by all means good luck to you sirs.

Just my opinion, so who cares.

Latest posts

Back