Cold Calling T65

aheff

Guru
100+ Post Club
So I bought a list of T65 with phone numbers. Want to get your thoughts as to the optimum month to call? If I am making call now, in mid-August, what is the best month of T65 to call on- Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec? Thanks.

I'd hold on to the list for 3 years and call them when they turn 68. Everyone and their brother is after T65 and their prospects are tired of all the phone calls.

Rick

Case in point. Met a woman at a networking event and we got to talking. Her husband in turning 65 in November. The phone rings off the hook and his mailbox is stuffed full on material.

Would you like to guess who he is going to talk to about Medicare?

T65s are a pain in the a$$. Yes, I am not the most knowledgeable Medicare agent, but either they are confused silly by everything, or they think they know everything.

According to Frank, calling T65s for Medicare is only slightly more effective than calling T55s.

So I bought a list of T65 with phone numbers. Want to get your thoughts as to the optimum month to call? If I am making call now, in mid-August, what is the best month of T65 to call on- Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec? Thanks.

Never got an answer to your question did you? My answer, all of the months except August. The most ineffective way to do it is to not do it at all.

I agree 100% that T65's are hammered by agents, carriers, AARP, but you need to find a way to differentiate yourself. Let people know you are LOCAL, that is a big one.

Here's something else to consider; you'd better be knowledgeable about what you are talking about because T65's have been studying Medicare for 2 years and know it better than most agents. You need to have you A-game on.

I have quite a few T65's on the books, but they were all refferals because I didn't, and won't, cold-call T65 customers.

Here's a little more advice, study your products, heck if you know them for one company you know them for all companies, basically. Become the expert in your community and let people know. Call the Kiwanis, the Ruritan's,and other civic organizations and offer to speak to their groups. They are chomping at the bit for speakers(I know because I do it for the Kiwanis). Don't make it a sales presentation, make it informative with scattered hints that they need to talk to you.

Let me know if I can help...

Last edited:
I have completed two mailings for seminars at a library for T65, with excellent success- nice turnout (1.5%-2%/ 10-15 buying units attended), with an appointment ratio of 80%, closing ratio of 100%. I'll continue to market and somehow differentiate myself to T65 crowd.

Can I get some good spots to educated the t65's.. My knowledge is bursting over and I must educate my seniors

Back