Cold Calling

Discussion in 'Employee Benefits Forum' started by sbg_ben, Mar 20, 2017.

1. rousemark

rousemark Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    "What is understood doesn't need to be discussed.". You don't need to tell me I don't recognize your name. 1). I will know that without being told. 2) it emphasizes in my mind that you are a stranger. ( stranger = danger :) ) 3) I may recognize it or for some reason at least think I do and think of you as an a acquaintance or at least a friend of an acquaintance and therefore give you a hearing.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. Justin Bilyj

Justin Bilyj Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
    I learned this script from an agent on here who taught it at IHIAA, it's the most effective script I have ever tried. I totally understand the permission thing, but I got more than enough leads when health was profitable AND I had business owners THANKING me for not trying to railroad them into a pitch.
    Believe it or not, not all sales tips from the ''gurus'' matter..

3. rousemark

State:
    Tennessee
    By all means, a person should do whatever works for them.. My personal preference when someone calls me is that they get to their point quickly and I tended to do the same cold calling. Guess it comes from the door to door script I had to memorize when I started on the debit in 1971.. Still remmeber it word for word.

"My name is Louis Rouse with National Life. We have a service that has been of benefit to others in the neighborhood. Of course I have way of knowing if it could be of benefit to you and your family but you can decide that for yourself with the answer to three simple questions. That fair enough isn't it? (asked while smiling an shaking your head yes) --(never had anyone say no)

"I assume like most people, you like to save money?"

"Have you ever lost any money you had saved?"

"Have you ever spent any money you had saved?"

"If I could show you a plan that is the best you have ever seen, you be the SOLE judge, that would help to always answer no to those last two questions, you would be interested wouldn't you? " (smiling and shaking head yes)

Next step is to set the appointment if the situation is not right for an immediate sit down interview.

4. xrac

xrac Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Louis, how many years did you do debit.

5. LostDollar

LostDollar Well-Known Member

State:
    Kansas
  6. rousemark

State:
    Tennessee
  7. LostDollar

LostDollar Well-Known Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just quoted the thread title that came up when I used the search box.

I DO NOTE that in the indicated reply, you said you were NOT an old debit agent.

(There's probably a book in there somewhere, like:
    We Were Debit Agents Once, and Young )

8. sbg_ben

sbg_ben Member

Thanks a lot this definitely helps I am going to try this out today. I will let you know how it goes

9. Justin Bilyj

Justin Bilyj Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
    I feel those questions would make a prospect feel like you're setting up a trap for them.

[​IMG]

10. VolAgent

VolAgent Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sure it is, but 1, hopefully you got them curious, and 2 this was 40 years ago.