Cold Doors 2020 - Discussion Thread

lol .... This guy has clearly lost some clients to a door knocking insurance or financial adviser.

"It used be people would call you on the phone or send you something in the mail or invite you to a seminar. Maybe I'm old school ..."

lol door knocking is the original old school.

If I were a crook, I would probably wear a money green polo with a logo on it and put a couple of three letter titles behind my name.... :twitchy:

Actually, what this guy is doing is kinda of clever. He's trying to pretend like he genuinely cares about the safety of the "poor ole" homeowner by delivering his "heartfelt" PSA on the dangers of opening up one's door to "evil financial advisors" and would be suit wearing crooks.

When in actuality, his ulterior motive is simply to eliminate the competition and drive more leads to his business website via the link below the video.

First door knock is planned for January 2, 2020 at 9 AM.

Last door 3/13/2020 at approx 6 PM ...

tenor.gif

You aren't door knocking any longer

PA DOI shut down face to face prospecting through July and our agency shut the office down until Septemeber, re-opened and then shut down again due to a case of Covid. We are scheduled to open January 4 but not sure they will allow clients meetings in the office. Very disappointing.

I've been phone and zoom and otherwise digital since the shut down.

My plan, at the moment, is to hit the doors cold again January 4th, 2021. But all my face to face since March 13th has been by appointment (they knew I was coming).

I’ve been knocking on 15 doors a day 4-5 days a week since mid July . Maybe the whole time 3 people were scared . I always wear a mask before I enter the house . But suprisedly maybe 1 out of 30 wear a mask . I’ve been tested for covid 6 times the Most recent 2 days ago and never have had

I’ve been knocking on 15 doors a day 4-5 days a week since mid July

Hey Don, Thank you for sharing. A few quick questions if you don't mind:

1) Are you knocking in Arizona?

2) 15 doors/day I presume you are using leads, either DM, TM, or FB?

3) And have you been tested because you were potentially exposed or because you had possible symptoms?

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

PA DOI shut down face to face prospecting through July and our agency shut the office down until Septemeber, re-opened and then shut down again due to a case of Covid. We are scheduled to open January 4 but not sure they will allow clients meetings in the office. Very disappointing.

I've been phone and zoom and otherwise digital since the shut down.

My plan, at the moment, is to hit the doors cold again January 4th, 2021. But all my face to face since March 13th has been by appointment (they knew I was coming).

That reality really bites! Sorry that's your situation Dave. Are you still running leads, Face Book or DM's?

I’ve been knocking on 15 doors a day 4-5 days a week since mid July . Maybe the whole time 3 people were scared . I always wear a mask before I enter the house . But suprisedly maybe 1 out of 30 wear a mask . I’ve been tested for covid 6 times the Most recent 2 days ago and never have had

I've worn a mask by request 3 times this year over a 2 states. I'm not knocking those kinds of numbers as I have dug into my own client base and ran more leads this year. You are spot on when you find that most folks don't fool with them once they warm up to you.

Back