Combined Insurance - What's their deal?

Long history with CI here.

I went to work for them back in 94. Great training. No real money though. Traveled all over the state selling those accident policies. Taught me a ton about dealing with the public and closing a sale. I sayed around about 2 years. The most worthwhile thing I got from CI was a great wife. She was the regional sales assistant in the regional office.

I ran into them again back in 04 when I was focusing on the senior market more. The wife had some health issues and group insurance sure would be nice. So I went back on board, flew to Chicago, and they attempted to train me in the senior health market. This place is a power hungry joke. The whole class was called LIARS by the director. The buss to the hotel was late on Tuesday and we waited for an hour. When we complained the director said he asked the girl up front and she said it came on time... YOUR ALL LIARS. That and the trainer being a complete moron in the industry made me buy my own plane ticket home.

The last person that company cares about is the agent. That was true 14 years ago and 4 years ago.

Friends lived by the Quick Stop (can't remember if it was Circle K or 7-11) at Camelot which was a complete dive, but within walking distance of my then favorite student-budget watering hole, The Greenery.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was looking on the google maps and they have photographed all of that area, I see that the Eckerd I used to work at on Fowler and Nebraska is closed although the BK is still there on the corner. Wow

Dave, I swear that Quick Stop is still there...it's what the kids around here call a "Shiek Mart". I think the allure is that most of them sell rolling papers...

No more Eckerds, most of them became CVSs...I know where you mean though...by where you get on 275 on Fowler? I get over that way occasionally to play poker at Tampa Greyhound (Nebraska & Waters).

Ah, a trip down Memory Lane...

Dave, I swear that Quick Stop is still there...it's what the kids around here call a "Shiek Mart". I think the allure is that most of them sell rolling papers...

No more Eckerds, most of them became CVSs...I know where you mean though...by where you get on 275 on Fowler? I get over that way occasionally to play poker at Tampa Greyhound (Nebraska & Waters).

Ah, a trip down Memory Lane...

Yes.... I grew up across the bay in the Clearwater area.... Used to march in the Gasparilla parade with my school band every year.... Parents loved to take family to dine at the Columbia restaurant in Ybor City.... Watched them hand-roll cigars at the factory there.... Fished off the Courtney-Campbell Causeway.... Showed my Guernsey cow in the 4-H exibit in the West Coast Dairy Fair.... Visited McDill AFB on Armed Forces Day and toured the humongus B-36s with their half dozen pusher prop engines.... ah-h-h-h, the 50's were fabulous!!

I had my first flight (Eastern Airlines) from Atlanta to Tampa with my mother (EAL employee) in 1949... pilot showed me how planes worked.... later became one myself when I grew up. Watched the Tampa airport expand into 3 different locations around the field over the decades.

Many other memories....

Back