Commercial Renewals - Counted As New Sales Each Year?

Hi,

Kind of lame question, but curious to see what others are doing. Figure that is what this forum is for, right?

Regarding annual sales goals, do you include commercial renewals as sales toward your annual goal, or not because they are not "new" business? (I'm indy not captive)

In other words, let's say you have a goal of $500,000 in commercial P&C premium... do you count renewals from last year toward your sales goal, or because they are not strictly "New" business, do you not count them toward you goal.

Previously I sold health and life and did not count renewals as sales toward my goal...because they kind of just stuck on the books....I only counted new client sales toward my goal. P&C seems different because I'm in there quoting and fighting for the renewal...

Well, You should have NEW business premium goals and RENEWAL goals...

Figure out a retention rate you want to keep and you need to do what you need to keep it, say you pick 90%, and you drop to 85%, what are you going to do to get it back up?

I think these should be 2 seperate goals, just like you seperate commercial from personal lines.

Back