Commission

maryjd123 said:
You know i just read my above post and it didnt make sense.. i apologize

because i am in Wyoming i cannot run appointments for Senior Healthcare
Consultants -- reason why -- Pyramid is not offered in Wyoming -- and I am not getting out of Coventry -- its a better plan anyway.. I was considering this because of the move to Ohio -- i can walk right in to appointments that are already set up, and not have to worry about anything.

so again if you are new person to insurance -- this is something for you -- its not like Naa where everyone forgets about you -- they truly take care of you --

but if you are more experienced i would advise the last part of my above post.. go with Medicare Supplement Insurance Services -- get the free leads and call and schedule your own appointments and get the higher commissions and of course your residuals !!

Who is Medicare Supplement Insurance Services? I have never heard of them and they did not show up on any google search.

Medicare Supplement Insurance Services, Inc
2704 N. Oak St. Bldg. L Valdosta, GA 31602-1790
800-845-8765

my account rep is Jonathan -- he can help you get set up or refer you to the rep who would go with your state -- tell him mary from wyoming said to call -- he'll get a kick out of that

call and check them out :)

Mary

honestagent said:
does your fmo with supps contract with blue cross blue shield medicare supps, mary j?

honestagent,

If you want to sell BCBS med supps, why not just contract with BCBS directly. I know mary means well, but I would caution anyone on contracting with MSIS. I don't know much about them, but I do know this, they require you to assign commissions to them and they pay you. I've never been a fan of assigning commissions. They can also cancel your agreement without cause. That doesn't mean you wouldn't get paid what you've earned. It just means they can end the relationship.

Additionally, since they provide leads, you are dependent upon them. What happens when they decide to provide someone else leads in your area and you're not getting any leads? You really have no recourse. So then you start developing your own leads, but you're still at a reduced commission and the commission is still assigned to them.

Just my two cents.

sman, i think your idea is great but i heard you cannot contract with them directly if one is an indy? do u know othewise? i have to look into that further. tx.

i agree. i think mary means well too.... and i've been down that road with house paying, providing leads, assigning commissions, churning of leads, not paying, putting everybody and his brother in your so called 'capped territory,' etc. etc..... ugghhh no thanks! hear ya! many a screwing has led me to where i'm at today.
now let's give some fmos a credit, perhaps there is one or two out there out of the millions that really really do well for agents... well, ... where are they? how to find such? 1 or 2 out of say a million or so would be almost an impossible pursuit. not sure what the exact # of fmos are and i know i'm flaming a bit right now.. but there are FARRRR TOO MANY OF THEM. how do we really know when one is legit? when so many have cried wolfe, in a manner of speaking. you know.

i appreciate your feedback sman. thank you. and mary j., if you're reading this, i appreciate you sharing. i truly do. i also truly hope your fmo is the one or two that is not like the rest of those lieing bastards out there. certainly not every agent gets screwed. there's always that one or even a few who have not. the blessed ones.

good luck to you sman, mary j., and everyone. thank you.

What is an fmo?

Al (who is not afriad to look as dumb as he is)

honestagent said:
sman, i think your idea is great but i heard you cannot contract with them directly if one is an indy? do u know othewise? i have to look into that further. tx.

i agree. i think mary means well too.... and i've been down that road with house paying, providing leads, assigning commissions, churning of leads, not paying, putting everybody and his brother in your so called 'capped territory,' etc. etc..... ugghhh no thanks! hear ya! many a screwing has led me to where i'm at today.
now let's give some fmos a credit, perhaps there is one or two out there out of the millions that really really do well for agents... well, ... where are they? how to find such? 1 or 2 out of say a million or so would be almost an impossible pursuit. not sure what the exact # of fmos are and i know i'm flaming a bit right now.. but there are FARRRR TOO MANY OF THEM. how do we really know when one is legit? when so many have cried wolfe, in a manner of speaking. you know.

i appreciate your feedback sman. thank you. and mary j., if you're reading this, i appreciate you sharing. i truly do. i also truly hope your fmo is the one or two that is not like the rest of those lieing bastards out there. certainly not every agent gets screwed. there's always that one or even a few who have not. the blessed ones.

As far as blue is considered, it depends on the state you are in. Here in Georgia, you can contract directly.

Also, I believe MSIS to be legit. They've been around for nearly 30 years. I just don't like the idea of assiging commissions. Nor do I like the idea of taking less commission and getting "free" leads. They are not free if you are giving up commissions.

sman said:
honestagent said:

As far as blue is considered, it depends on the state you are in. Here in Georgia, you can contract directly.

Also, I believe MSIS to be legit. They've been around for nearly 30 years. I just don't like the idea of assiging commissions. Nor do I like the idea of taking less commission and getting "free" leads. They are not free if you are giving up commissions.

Here in MI., we cannot contract with them directly if I want to keep my indy status that is, which I do. Thanks for the input b/c I truly appreciate it. And like you, nothing is free. There are no free lunches. If most agents knew what leads actually cost and shop around and then put the pen to the paper and see what our upline takes away from commissions... most would not go this route. I agree. Of course, I learned this one the hard way but hey, I learned it and learned it well!!! Thanks again Sman.

Back