Commissions and Renewals

Ncinsured

Expert
These commissions and renewals is getting complicated. I was under the impression that we would get the full 200 the month the client enrolled but I see it's not the case.
I will also under the impression that we would get paid the commission for new people the month they turn 65 ? But I'm seeing things are different

These commissions and renewals is getting complicated. I was under the impression that we would get the full 200 the month the client enrolled but I see it's not the case. I will also under the impression that we would get paid the commission for new people the month they turn 65 ? But I'm seeing things are different

From "full 200" I assume you mean MA products. On new business for those who are not first time MA enrollees you will get a pro-rated advance of the remaining months in the calendar year. So the full 200 for Jan. start date, 11/12 of the 200 for Feb. start date, etc., with monthly renewals starting the following Jan., not the 13th month.

I am looking at United's renewals.
I don't see the monthly renewals from my 2014 T65 clients.
Example:
I write an MAPD for July 2014 effective. I should see a renewal payment for January 2015.
Am I wrong?

You are not wrong. Check your statement, I do not think you were paid for your 1/1/2014 renewals as well. From what I can tell they left off all '14 renewals. For what reason, I do not know.

You are not wrong. Check your statement, I do not think you were paid for your 1/1/2014 renewals as well. From what I can tell they left off all '14 renewals. For what reason, I do not know.

You are right. I did not catch that. Thanks

I've been getting paid renewals on old business....MAPD, and med supps so far by United.

It's the other laggards like Coventry and Piedmont/Wellstar not paying yet.

I had someone that I was aware of, effective Jan. 1st, 2014, with UHC on an MAPD that still has it but I was not paid renewals on it today.

There may be others I'm not aware of as well.

Back