Common Mistakes by Rookie Agents

I believe the best "defense is a good offense". What I mean by that is, I think it's best to handle most of the common or "true" objections in the presentation.

My theory is that if you get those kind of objections at the "close", it's usually too late to save the sale. Either I didn't do my job effectively during the presentation or they were never really true prospects.

As much as you have gotten off on the wrong foot with me, I almost completely agree with you on this. I don't like the defense/offense terminology because I think it's too hostile, but in concept I agree with you 100%.

If I get done with my presentation and I have the right solution for the prospect and the prospect doesn't say "where do I sign?", I made a mistake. The best time to handle the objections is during the presentation (reason why I love pitch books).

As much as you have gotten off on the wrong foot with me, I almost completely agree with you on this. I don't like the defense/offense terminology because I think it's too hostile, but in concept I agree with you 100%.

If I get done with my presentation and I have the right solution for the prospect and the prospect doesn't say "where do I sign?", I made a mistake. The best time to handle the objections is during the presentation (reason why I love pitch books).

I agree with is as well. Far too often I'll have agents tell me that they heard those exact same objections, only to find out that they went into a "product pitch" five minutes into the meeting without finding a need.

Learn about your potential client's situation, find the need, solve why the need hasn't been filled (overcome objections in the presentation), present a solution and close. Repeat.

I agree with is as well. Far too often I'll have agents tell me that they heard those exact same objections, only to find out that they went into a "product pitch" five minutes into the meeting without finding a need.

Learn about your potential client's situation, find the need, solve why the need hasn't been filled (overcome objections in the presentation), present a solution and close. Repeat.

I love it when agents tell me they keep getting the same objections. "Great, they're telling you what you're doing wrong." It's tough love, but that's the realization I had to come to. If you already know what they're going to say, you can prep for it.

I love it when agents tell me they keep getting the same objections. "Great, they're telling you what you're doing wrong." It's tough love, but that's the realization I had to come to. If you already know what they're going to say, you can prep for it.

Unfortunately, some don't want to hear it. The good ones take the constructive criticism and can actually go back to the same prospects and close. The rest, well....we won't see them on this forum very long.

Unfortunately, some don't want to hear it. The good ones take the constructive criticism and can actually go back to the same prospects and close. The rest, well....we won't see them on this forum very long.

If you can learn to take advantage of criticism, even when it's not done nicely, you can learn and grow a lot. It takes some humility though, and it can be very painful.

If you can learn to take advantage of criticism, even when it's not done nicely, you can learn and grow a lot. It takes some humility though, and it can be very painful.

If you're good at managing people, you know the right way to do it. Some need to be pissed off to prove you wrong (not done nicely) and others need to be instructed tactfully. I've know a couple of very large producers with surprisingly thin skin when it comes to criticism.

The rest...no hope. This business is nothing but healthy ego (not arrogance) and humility (without getting down on yourself), to your point.

Perhaps I erroneously mistook your question as being libelous, and as such am willing to Let bygones be bygones.

Just using the "defense/offense" terminology metaphorically.

Perhaps I erroneously mistook your question as being libelous, and as such am willing to Let bygones be bygones.

Just using the "defense/offense" terminology metaphorically.

Do you know what libel even is? At worst it was rude, but it really was just a question.

Do you know what libel even is? At worst it was rude, but it really was just a question.

Merriam-Webster's definition of Libel:

"A written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression"

As I said earlier, I was under the impression that you were trying to insinuate -and if so, unjustly so in my opinion- that I was just here to "peddle" something, which of course I was not.

As I said in my earlier post, if I was mistaken, then I was wrong and I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.

As such, there is no real reason to discuss the matter further, just "let it rest".

Merriam-Webster's definition of Libel:

"A written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression"

As I said earlier, I was under the impression that you were trying to insinuate -and if so, unjustly so in my opinion- that I was just here to "peddle" something, which of course I was not.

As I said in my earlier post, if I was mistaken, then I was wrong and I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.

As such, there is no real reason to discuss the matter further, just "let it rest".

Enough of this! If you two kiss and make up, we will have to go back to watching JD and Greg pick on each other...:1arghh::1laugh:

Back