Completely Paperless

Signature legality is going to be an issue with each company. I'm trying to go as paperless as possible. But even though Ohio National is ok with scanned signatures, they require a wet signature on 1035 paperwork becuae of the different rules of the transferring companies.

I guess for me the problem with form tools is that it doesn't exist for android.

The only one I've used that worked properly for android was sign my pad, which does work by drag and dropping the signatures or whatever you entered into the location where it goes, then save for later printing or email from the device.

As I'm not a lawyer, no idea if that is considered a legal signature, although they did "sign" the document, I'm not sure what the law would think of it.

I would be concerned about the legality of a drop and paste signature. The signature would be exactly the same at each placed they "signed" so no court would uphold it. It would make it too easy for a lawyer to prove someone didn't agree to what was "signed" when someone obviously pasted the signature there.

I would be concerned about the legality of a drop and paste signature. The signature would be exactly the same at each placed they "signed" so no court would uphold it. It would make it too easy for a lawyer to prove someone didn't agree to what was "signed" when someone obviously pasted the signature there.

In order for a drag and drop signature to be legal in the first place, the CLIENT would have to be the one dragging and dropping it, NOT the agent.

A signature is you signing that YOU are agreeing to something. The only way the agent could drag and drop that legally is if he was the power of attorney for the signer. That type of signature is BOGUS.

Just to chime in here b/c this came up on our radar. We have discussed with lawyers the legality of a drawn signature like how it is in SignMyPad - and all the lawyers say the same thing - it is a legal signature. It will hold up in court.

If just a signature isn't enough for the particular user, we also have SignMyPad Pro - the only platform that will GPS tag the PDF. This means in the metadata of the PDF you will get the location of where the file was signed/saved along with a timestamp (date and time). This also can be used to prove that a person signed it instead of being forged.

I hope this answers some of your questions about the legality of the issue.

Thanks
Autriv

Just to chime in here b/c this came up on our radar. We have discussed with lawyers the legality of a drawn signature like how it is in SignMyPad - and all the lawyers say the same thing - it is a legal signature. It will hold up in court.

If just a signature isn't enough for the particular user, we also have SignMyPad Pro - the only platform that will GPS tag the PDF. This means in the metadata of the PDF you will get the location of where the file was signed/saved along with a timestamp (date and time). This also can be used to prove that a person signed it instead of being forged.

I hope this answers some of your questions about the legality of the issue.

Thanks
Autriv

I don't think there is a question regarding the legality of a "drawn signature". The question is whether dragging and dropping a signature is legal. If a person signs agreeing to something and you drag and drop THAT signature onto other places that they didn't specifically agree to is that legal. I think not. I would think they have to place a new signature to everything they are agreeing to.

Have you used SignMyPad? I believe every signature has to be signed. It's not sign once and it fills in all the blanks.

On the other hand, I have some carrier apps that you sign once and it fills in all of the signature requirements. You do have to check the box that says you have reviewed the document.

Dan

With Form Tools, both the agent and the proposed insured have to sign every place that requires a signature, and the sig can't be moved, only deleted.

But the redundant fields (name, date, SSN, etc.) can be set to auto-fill, so you'll only have to fill those out once.

I went on the same paperless investigative journey several months ago, and found that iPad--in combination with Form Tools, Dropbox, and Splashtop--does everything I need it to do.

Splashtop can access the Windows-based programs from your home computer that you can't load on iPad (Winflex, etc.) If you have a 3G iPad or if you can tether your phone for mobile hotspot access, you have everything you need for any sales situation you find yourself in.

Even without a 3G or wifi connection, you can configure your Dropbox where you can access practically any form you'd ever need offline.

In order for a drag and drop signature to be legal in the first place, the CLIENT would have to be the one dragging and dropping it, NOT the agent.

A signature is you signing that YOU are agreeing to something. The only way the agent could drag and drop that legally is if he was the power of attorney for the signer. That type of signature is BOGUS.

Are signature stamps legal? Have you ever gotten a live check from a company, with the printed or stamped signature upon it?

Have you used SignMyPad? I believe every signature has to be signed. It's not sign once and it fills in all the blanks.

On the other hand, I have some carrier apps that you sign once and it fills in all of the signature requirements. You do have to check the box that says you have reviewed the document.

Dan

Going by what this post said they drop and paste which is where the question of legality came up. I have not use it and don't know.
I guess for me the problem with form tools is that it doesn't exist for android.

The only one I've used that worked properly for android was sign my pad, which does work by drag and dropping the signatures or whatever you entered into the location where it goes, then save for later printing or email from the device.

As I'm not a lawyer, no idea if that is considered a legal signature, although they did "sign" the document, I'm not sure what the law would think of it.

Back