Confused About this ObamaCare...

Ann I agree. Thinking of not even bothering with this health insurance, especially since I dont want to do group.

Well, one big reason for group insurance (Guaranteed Issue) will diminish in Obamacare since everyone will be GI.

Well, one big reason for group insurance (Guaranteed Issue) will diminish in Obamacare since everyone will be GI.

Yes, now we'll be back to the original reason group plans were offered - better benefits via tax-deductible expenses to attract better workers.

Great opportunity for telesales agents because those rats dont have to service their clients and will get paid a flat dollar amount. One and done!

You are mistaken if you think service levels will go down. Instead of claims help, that will still probably be declined in some circumstances, it will change to billing issues, subsidy issues, network issues, drug formulary issues, deductible/coinsurance issues, benefits covered issues, etc.

Telesales does not service. They enroll and that's it. As far as being a field agent I dont see how that is beneficial as the compensation is unknown at this juncture.

Hey! Don't try and get us all out so you can have all the business Tater!

That said: unless you have a big book or just want something to kill time for the next 4.5 months, insurance is not the place to be. We have no promise of compensation past 1/1/14.

Telesales does not service. They enroll and that's it. As far as being a field agent I dont see how that is beneficial as the compensation is unknown at this juncture.

Depends on your definition of "telesales".

If you're speaking about a boiler room, you are correct.

If you're speaking of an independent agent that does all business online and over the phone (like me), you are mistaken. My entire day yesterday was spent servicing my book:

RayNY with all due respect we have been hearing for the last three years that the sky is falling and there will be no comp with Obamacare exchange plans. Granted, it may be lower, but its not gonna get done without us. Comp needs to be fair to agents, or Obamacare falls without us. Its that simple. There will be compensation, please stop with the sky is falling stuff. I've heard it for three years. You know nothing more than me, I just think you are flat out wrong.

Back