COPD

I went and checked, the underwriting guide still says decline for COPD and smoker. Edition 1/17. Is there anything in writing from underwriting they will accept this?

No emails and I don't believe there is any document that say's smoking with copd is okay.

Just call underwriting and verify for yourself if you don't believe me :)

No emails and I don't believe there is any document that say's smoking with copd is okay.

Just call underwriting and verify for yourself if you don't believe me :)

Were I you, I'd email [email protected] and get them to email me in writing that they will accept it. Otherwise, it will be very easy to blame you should they decide to rescind a case over it.

I don't think it's that he doesn'y believe you, but in this business, if it's not in writing, you can't count on it. :nah:

That's not true. Many carriers have internal guidelines that us agents don't have access to. Just because WE don't have documentation of them doesn't mean they don't apply.

Assurity and copd people who smoke would be one prime example of that. Another would be RNA's internal med list.

That's not true. Many carriers have internal guidelines that us agents don't have access to. Just because WE don't have documentation of them doesn't mean they don't apply.

Assurity and copd people who smoke would be one prime example of that. Another would be RNA's internal med list.
If it's not in writing, it's not in stone and can't be relied on. They can change their mind any time. :skeptical:

I guess they can change their mind even if it is in writing, but I sure feel better if I can see it for myself, rather than take someone's (not referring to you) word for it. That's just me. :yes:

What you are saying is in direct contradiction to their published underwriting guidelines. I believe you, well I want to believe you. However it directly contradicts what their underwriting guidelines say.

I'd want my "Get out of Jail Free" card when that "Please Tell Us Why Its Your Fault" letter arrives when they decide to rescind the policy. This is the same reason I saved every last email from underwriting telling me something was ok when it wasn't clear based upon the application.

What you are saying is in direct contradiction to their published underwriting guidelines. I believe you, well I want to believe you. However it directly contradicts what their underwriting guidelines say.

I'd want my "Get out of Jail Free" card when that "Please Tell Us Why Its Your Fault" letter arrives when they decide to rescind the policy. This is the same reason I saved every last email from underwriting telling me something was ok when it wasn't clear based upon the application.

I totally understand why you want what you want, and I'm not contesting it :)

Back