Correct way to aor Humana Walmart pdp

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
Here's a great one. Guy has Transamerica plan f with att and Aon and humana Walmart pdp that he bought from a guy a Walmart 5 or so yrs ago.

Client switches to plan G with me but now we need the pdp to go through Aon to keep reimbursement intact.

Call Aon they give me San of an Aon rep and instructions on how to send aor to Humana (hand written letter mailed). I'm pretty sure that's correct but does anyone have a fax or email to speed the approval up? Humana sucks at stuff like this. Call 5 times get 5 conflicting answers.

Before I was writing PDPs, I did a lot through Medicare.gov. After getting appointed with them, I learned you have have your client hand write a letter or email with your info in it request that you be the agent of record.

Letter has to be their own words, cannot be a form letter you created. It must include members name, members humana id or Medicare id, agent name they are requesting, agents SAN they are requesting, and members signature.

Can't say about PDP and it has been a while since I danced with the devil, but I think a Humanner AOR does not make you eligible to receive commissions. Why not just let the Aon rep sell them a new drug plan?

You know they will do what is right for their "client".

The AOR will let you receive the commission as long as it is not 1st year commission, or the AEP commission has been paid. The new agent that got the AOR will receive renewal commissions. The old agent will get notice from the Humana that a AOR was received, so they may have issue if agent calls clients & tries to get them into new plan during AEP.

Back