Couple Questions About Quoting

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Hi, all,

I am going to be working in an agency soon that has lots of pent up demand for Marketplace apps. There's a long list of folks counting on the agency to help them get enrolled. The agency is planning that this will happen in December, once the Marketplace site is supposed to be up and running better.

My questions are for now, however, because I anticipate some problems, I would like to begin to have some idea how to do this with the least amount of trouble.
1. Using Marketplace site, on 1st pass, the subsidy questionnaire I put through on line had the subsidy rejected, and the phone rep does not know why. Anyone put through an appeal yet? I think we may be seeing quite a few of those. How long will that take? What about the people whose employers disbanded group insurance to "send them to the exchange"? Yikes.

2. Have any of you done an app all the way to completion, so that you could tell whether the quote done with the Kaiser subsidy calculator was close to being correct?

3. I have one carrier that incorporates the Kaiser subsidy/OOP adjustment % into their quotes, but some agents say I shouldn't trust that. The other carrier on Marketplace in my state doesn't have calculator built in. How do I quote anyone without the ability to finish the whole process on Marketplace? My FMO has cool software, linking to both carriers, but not the calc. for subsidy/OOP. I don't see the point of quoting without it.

4. So we tell people we can't show them for sure how much it's going to cost if they are supposed to get a subsidy? If any of you have a manual calculation method, or can point to a site for that, I would appreciate it very much.

In the meantime, I am going to learn more about final expense, and work with Medicare folks. Need income...and there are a few who may benefit from going on 2013 plans, but I am concerned about lingering pre-ex, must proceed with caution, anyone without creditable coverage.

Then I will tackle learning pediatric/regular dental plans with ACA compliance.

Thanks for all you do to keep up!

Back