Create Your Website

I saw that too. The only thing I can say is that when building a website, make sure you can add an auto responder to it via aweber.com. I had my website at godaddy.com using their website tonight builder and couldn't add the auto responder so I switched to hostgator.com.

I had some sites with 1and1 a few years ago. Their interface was a PITA but that may have changed. No problems with down time or anything like that but trying to figure out how to make modifications was frustrating.

Hostgator is good. DreamHost is better. I posted something Labor day weekend about a special they were running. 12 months of hosting for $10.

Good advise Hopwood. I didn't know that but I'm clueless on the whole website thing. I just know I want one.

Domain registration = 9$ on average
Good 1 page landing page with wordpress backend you can add to = 150$

To me a page with monthly fee always seems crazy because you're running risk of being seen as so much duplicate content, your site isn't unique, etc. It's like having a site from a pre-made template.

Domain registration = 9$ on average
Good 1 page landing page with wordpress backend you can add to = 150$

To me a page with monthly fee always seems crazy because you're running risk of being seen as so much duplicate content, your site isn't unique, etc. It's like having a site from a pre-made template.

I have no to slim idea what your first paragraph means except maybe you are saying it costs $150 for wordpress and you can add to it as you go whatever wordpress is LOL

As far as duplicate content, my consumer wouldn't know the difference. As long as I can get on Google and come up in searches I would be happy.

Just have Brook (ksigmtsu) make you a site. He's good at it and cheap.

I have no to slim idea what your first paragraph means except maybe you are saying it costs $150 for wordpress and you can add to it as you go whatever wordpress is LOL

As far as duplicate content, my consumer wouldn't know the difference. As long as I can get on Google and come up in searches I would be happy.

What I'm saying is duplicate content isn't a good thing as far as google sees it.

The search engine results are powered by a computer program that sends out requests to view webpages all the time, over and over. The only thing that the robot can see is the text and code of the page.

Duplicate content, meaning a page that shares the same code and same text, likely does not get as much credit in the eyes of the search engine, because its just like another page and the only thing that the google program can see is the code and text.

If your code is the same, thats not good from an seo perspective, because a user is likely to have a similar experience with multiple pages, because they're the same.

Google's stated goal is to always provide optimal user experience, and showing someone the same page more than once isn't optimal.

I'm of the belief that you could write a 1990s style page with just text, h1, h2, h3, a simple header, and a picture with a link to your phone and email, and probably rank better on google than a site built with a template or sectional approach where multiple pages are reusing that code if you used the exact same words on both sites.

The text only page would load faster, have less duplicate code, likely has no inserted backlinks to the template maker. Any link to an external site on your main page flatly takes away from your page's search engine result.

There is absolutely an argument to be made that the site with the added content would be a better or more positive user experience, but when creating a page, your first goal should be getting seen. 2nd goal, add content to optimize user experience.

As a purely non-scientific study, from just rhetorical evidence, I have NEVER seen a template content management system site on page 1 for any term in any state or national term I was doing seo or site design for on any search engine ever. Not since the late 90s.

If no website using that design philosophy is being seen on page 1 of google for any competitive term, what possible reason would you have for doing the same thing?

Seems like a bad idea. If every restaurant on a street serving a certain kind of food was losing money, I don't think i'd copy their design method while having expectation of a different result.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wordpress is free, I'm saying I can build a 1 page landing page that is 100% unique, tie wordpress into it, give you a spot to blog, and ultimately you'd be more successful with that site than you would with a template.

Last edited:
Ah I see now. I'm looking at it through the eyes of a human when I need to look at it as a robot would. :idea:

OK well when I get ready I'm just going to talk to you then. Thanks for the info. Now I understand much better.:)

As a purely non-scientific study, from just rhetorical evidence, I have NEVER seen a template content management system site on page 1 for any term in any state or national term I was doing seo or site design for on any search engine ever. Not since the late 90s.

If no website using that design philosophy is being seen on page 1 of google for any competitive term, what possible reason would you have for doing the same thing?

HAHA... your funny... and WRONG!!

Back