Critique My Telemarketing Script Please

Here's a challenge to help you. I want everyone to give the following information:

Who you are
What the purpose of your call is, and
Why I should listen to you

in 50 words or less.

Don't use words you'll stumble over or slur. Don't use phrases that will make you lose air, and go short on breath. Don't sound like a telemarketer.

(I'm going to work on it this evening and tomorrow, and give my two cents worth)

Hopefully, when this is over, and everyone has submitted their script, you can take the best of what works, and make it your own (I know I will)

Hi Brenda, my name is Jeff, I help small business owners save money on their health insurance premiums. There are many new plans on the market that are saving businesses 30% on average. What's the best way to get this information in front of you?

All this talk of saving everyone 30%...50%...

I would go broke if I paid every person $200 if I did not save them 30%. I guess we must have more well-informed small business owners!

Of course, the real reason might be that BC is tough in my area and more than half of the owners have BC.

All this talk of saving everyone 30%...50%...

I would go broke if I paid every person $200 if I did not save them 30%. I guess we must have more well-informed small business owners!

Of course, the real reason might be that BC is tough in my area and more than half of the owners have BC.

That's the best way that I know of to get their attention. I'm interested what others use as a hook. I would never offer someone $200 or anything if I couldn't beat their current rate...I'm hoping others post their cold call openers...

As someone mentioned earlier...you have about 15 seconds to make your pitch...or less!

You need to infuse a key phrase into the conversation...early!

"Higher coverage for a lower premium"

"Save you a substantial amount of money"

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries"

OK...skip the last one.

Last edited:
Order this book. Read it and put it to use. You will be amazed at how it improves your results.

I don't know, there seems to be something wrong with a book that is 128 pages long to teach you how to get your point across in 30 seconds.... didn't they read their own book?????

I don't know, there seems to be something wrong with a book that is 128 pages long to teach you how to get your point across in 30 seconds.... didn't they read their own book?????

That may be the funniest thing every written in this forum!

Rick

Yea and if you read the reviews-

"I found the book to be ironic. The title promotes that it teaches you how to get your point across efficiently to achive a desired outcome. But it was so verbose, I found myself scanning through 80% of each chapter to get to the point. At the end of each chapter is the 30 second take away. If you skip to the end and read these sections you can save yourself 2 hours. The rest of the chapters are filled with the author recounting his experiences wheeling and dealing in Hollywood and pumping his own accomplishments. It is also dated, he celebrates his own success in TV show/movies/other entertainment endeavors that are sooooooo old a 35 year old in the know does not recognize them making it hard to understand the point. In addition the temporal context does not address common electronic communication tools we use today (email, blogging, PowerPoint)

This book may have been a good resource for the 1970's and 80's but it does not translate well to the current environment. I think you could easily find the lessons in this book and more on a typical free career coaching website.

Lastly, I do not feel that the author has the appropriate expertise and credentials. This book may be useful in the specific context of "doing deals in Hollywood" but it does not translate to my world well."

Ok, what about saying something like - I'm calling to see if you "qualify" for our exclusive programs. Not everyone does, and I don't want to waste your time. Can you answer just a few questions? we'll know quickly whether or not you're a candidate. If not, I'll be on to my next call & the luckiy recipient!

Back