There are so many variables and moving targets to hit:
co-pay
co-insurance
premium
yealry ded
yearly oop
in network
out-of network
dr.s will accept this plan from this co but not that plan from that co.

How do you possibly determine what the best plan is when everyones situation is different? Do you have them look over their med bills from the last couple of years to determine how much they have been spending versus how much they would save on plan1, plan 2, or plan 3?

I guess I'm asking with health how do you narrow it down?

My script right now is undefined, but sounds a little like this:

Hi, my name is Nancy Pants with Nancy Pants Insurance and I was calling today to see if I could offer a free evaluation of your current life insurance coverages.

No

Ok thanks

Maybe I should say:

Would you be interested in a life insurance policy that could be completed over the phone with no medical exam necessary I just need your soc sec #, all conditions and ailments and right to your first born grandson.......

Think that one will get more takers?

I've have been hearing a lot about HSA's please elaborate or send me a good direction. I have sent an email requesting I be allowed to take part in your webinar tomorrow. I'm very serious about making money in this field and will do whatever it takes to get it done!

Any advice you give will not be wasted and I will carefully consider the advice experienced and wise agents/brokers.

Term insurance is so god darn cheap, I don't know how anybody can make a living selling it over the phone. I DO sell it, but it's not my lead product.

So your sister in law, $250 in premium - even with a 100% contract that's only two hundred fifty bucks - sell FOUR of 'em in a week to make a grand? Too much work for not enough shekels.

It's why I go in with the health. My average annual premium is $3,677, and first year comp of about $735 give or take a coupla bux.

Four of those in a week is about three grand - instead of one.

You're more than right about that. I was really surprised at how much you get, maybe I should increase my age range.

Seems impossible to make a living just selling term, especially considering renewals or lack there of.

Maybe annual reviews and trying to reduce their premium is th ebest way to go?
I cannot feed my family with $250 that took 8 weeks from start to finish

My script right now is undefined, but sounds a little like this:

Hi, my name is Nancy Pants with Nancy Pants Insurance and I was calling today to see if I could offer a free evaluation of your current life insurance coverages.

No

Ok thanks

Maybe I should say:

Would you be interested in a life insurance policy that could be completed over the phone with no medical exam necessary I just need your soc sec #, all conditions and ailments and right to your first born grandson.......

Think that one will get more takers?

Nancy,

This script is a great cure for insomnia...yawn...

If you don't want to learn health insurance, you've got a tough road to hoe. Sounds like you're lookin' for something you can ram home in about 20 minutes. That ain't gonna happen!

Try this: leave OUT the word insurance initially. It just shuts 'em down.

Hi, this is Nancy Pants, I specialize in ______________ (a concept of how the insurance is USED.)

Are you aware of the three biggest mistakes people make when buying this type of coverage?

The goal is only to get a conversation started.

Term insurance is so god darn cheap, I don't know how anybody can make a living selling it over the phone. I DO sell it, but it's not my lead product.

So your sister in law, $250 in premium - even with a 100% contract that's only two hundred fifty bucks - sell FOUR of 'em in a week to make a grand? Too much work for not enough shekels.

It's why I go in with the health. My average annual premium is $3,677, and first year comp of about $735 give or take a coupla bux.

Four of those in a week is about three grand - instead of one.

I think we been over this before but, it seems like some just want to continue with this BS. Health is in fact the lowest paying of all.

The average Term on a middle age person, 40 yr's and standard plus for 500 grand is around $750, base on 100% contract that is $750 (gee I'm good at math!). Now how many health sales would it take to match that? According to this person's own words his last sale he boasted about with the CPA that called him, (Golden Rule - $222/month. 'Nuff said.) base on 20% would equal $44.40 cents or $532.80, maybe more if you have a better contract. Sale for sale its hard to spend so much to make so little as in the health sale.

Now is the above sales average? I doubt it (the health sale is on a 53 yr old), I would think with any sales ability one can easily increase the life sale as in higher benefit or a better product such as WL or UL. I don't see how you increase the health sale though? Oh yea, the cross sale yet, it works both ways. Most life producers don't waste their time trying to cross sell health though, obvious reasons!

It's is actually a combination of her and Dayne Vickers. It is a step by step process explanation on how to sell insurance over the internet, using exclusive leads and the ALISS system. Pretty good basic overall advice not worth the money in my opinion.

But I'm a sucker. So I bought it.

Not really helping me with what I need.
Underwriting help (where to go)
Closing (I'm horrible at this)
Overall product knowledge
Motivation

I have purchased over 100 shared leads and closed none! Lit zero!
I have closed only one which was my sis in law and a small 250/year premium policy.
I have 2 in underwriting totaling another small 450/yr

Need help learing how to close. What to say to get them to trust you over the phone.
I have great rapport with most people it seems, just can't pull the trigger.

Send the leads to me and I'll split the commission with you if I sell any policies. You'll have to take as-earned commission though. People can pick up on the undertones of somebody wanting a quick fix. You'll win some, but you'll lose more in the long run.

Here's what I suggest. Next time you feel the need to buy a system, pinch yourself and then take the $400 and buy 10-20 books and then take notes and implement things one at a time to find "your" system. Read this entire forum on your off hours. That should give you more than enough information to keep your busy for the the next year.

There is nothing wrong with people selling systems or with people buying systems. What is wrong, or should I say, inaccurate, is believing that there is a super system. If it does exist it is not for sale!

Are you a captive or independent agent? Where is your GA and training? Closing deals online is very hard for a new agent and the cards at stacked up against you. Are you experienced enough to sell face to face? I speak from experience. Although I did well with some sources, I had a learning curve selling online. You need to change your perspective from "How can I close this deal?" to "How and what can I do to persuade this person to buy?

Read a book every 1-2 weeks until you retire and then play golf. Your future is based on the books you read now and your experiences!

Back