Critique My Telemarketing Script Please

Hey... This is Josh... you wouldn't... uhh.. I mean want to buy any health insurance today... umm... would you?!

-This one will work if you call enough people! The script is important, but if you're making the dials you'll get there! Just be yourself!

Here's two directions:

"Hi John, I'm an insurance broker, did I catch you with a minute?
I work with health insurance and I was hoping to find out what your doing currenty?"

To quote senior adivisor: "Tell them you are desperate and don't know how to get them interested." I honestly think that could work. Say something honest that will interupt their normal routine.

"John, I hate making cold calls probalby as much as you like receiving them, however, I didn't know how else to ask you about what your currently doing for health insurance."

or

"John, instead of going into a long winded sales pitch, can I tell you what I do in 30 seconds and then you can decide if we should talk further?

I work with two groups of people: those that are frusterated by what they currently pay for health insurance and those that aren't necessary frusterated, but would like to find out if they could pay less. Do you fit into either catergory?"

The key is to get people talking about their situation, find pain, qualify, and determine whether to proceed. You don't get people talking by sounding like everyone else.

Just be yourself!

I completely agree, this matters more than the script. Whether it's true or not, tell yourself that you don't need their business, your financially successful, and not dependent on whether or not they do business with you.

Ok, what about saying something like - I'm calling to see if you "qualify" for our exclusive programs. Not everyone does, and I don't want to waste your time. Can you answer just a few questions? we'll know quickly whether or not you're a candidate. If not, I'll be on to my next call & the luckiy recipient!

If it's so exclusive, why the hell are you calling me. The word exclusive would be an instant turn off if someone said that to me, however, if it works for you, keep doing it.

HELP ME PLEASE!
I am new to life insurance and have decided, after purchasing various leads from several lead companies, that I need to telemarket until I am better on the phone. It seems to be a skill that once learned feels natural.

I need a good life insurance script........

There are a lot of senior and health scripts here but nothing I could find for life.

I have purchased the Vicki Gunvalson (small investment) system for selling life insurance online via internet leads. It seems a bit lacking. Any advice on books/systems that others have tested that seem to be worth it.

Any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. I am a hard worker, willing to invest in my business and leaarn from those who are more experienced. Please Help!

Well I decided to start telemarketing so no more leads for now.

I have signed up with go leads upon others recommendations and I will be calling small businesses.

I started feet first yesterday with no real script and it went ok. I called 30 people and got 1 lead out of it. I mailed them more information.

I would like more of a one step close, maybe like a non-med.

Any ideas?

Well I decided to start telemarketing so no more leads for now.

I have signed up with go leads upon others recommendations and I will be calling small businesses.

I started feet first yesterday with no real script and it went ok. I called 30 people and got 1 lead out of it. I mailed them more information.

I would like more of a one step close, maybe like a non-med.

Any ideas?

If you're only calling small business owners you have a .05% chance of closing on the first call, and if you do, their probably uninsurable. It's better to take a 1-2 action list, or like how I do it, a 1-2-3 closing process.

What does Vicky teach for $400.

It's is actually a combination of her and Dayne Vickers. It is a step by step process explanation on how to sell insurance over the internet, using exclusive leads and the ALISS system. Pretty good basic overall advice not worth the money in my opinion.

But I'm a sucker. So I bought it.

Not really helping me with what I need.
Underwriting help (where to go)
Closing (I'm horrible at this)
Overall product knowledge
Motivation

I have purchased over 100 shared leads and closed none! Lit zero!
I have closed only one which was my sis in law and a small 250/year premium policy.
I have 2 in underwriting totaling another small 450/yr

Need help learing how to close. What to say to get them to trust you over the phone.
I have great rapport with most people it seems, just can't pull the trigger.

we'll you're on the right track. leads are fine for seasoned agents but when you're starting out you need to hone your entire system - do it for free and make calls. Nothing worse then trying to learn and getting smacked with hundreds a week in lead charges.

How are you trying to close now? What's your current system?

Term insurance is so god darn cheap, I don't know how anybody can make a living selling it over the phone. I DO sell it, but it's not my lead product.

So your sister in law, $250 in premium - even with a 100% contract that's only two hundred fifty bucks - sell FOUR of 'em in a week to make a grand? Too much work for not enough shekels.

It's why I go in with the health. My average annual premium is $3,677, and first year comp of about $735 give or take a coupla bux.

Four of those in a week is about three grand - instead of one.

Back