CRM System for Contacts

Does anyone use ACT software and like it? How does it compare YIO. Also, for those who use OneNote - how does that compare to YIO and ACT? Thanks!

Onenote is a completely different beast. I think I have made my rounds and tried most of them. If you are looking for a CRM this is good, inexpensive, and easy to use, check out Oprius.com. It is $14.99 a month.

That is the one I tried most recently, but I like Outlook, Calendar, and Onenote combined. I purchased Onenote 2007 on Ebay for $18.

Taking into consideration that I had to pay something for Microsoft Office, it is almost free to use.

Step 1: place your contact into "Contacts", use the task button to set up a future task, phone call, email,etc. You can also color-code the contact which I really like.
Step 2: click on "Calendar", place your appointment there, for SOLD clients, I put their birthdays as "recurring" every year for a reminder
Step 3: Click on Onenote, you can scan applications, pictures, which I do a lot since I sell commercial insurance, heck, anything you want can be cut and pasted onto Onenote for you to keep

I also put policy information in Onenote and I take notes as I am talking to commercial clients, I scan those notes and paste them onto Onenote.

Using Office allows me to sync to my Blackberry very easily, import or export clients super-fast. By using Office, I have my scheduled appts., birthdays, follow-up dates, email adresses, phone numbers, etc. in my hand, on my Blackberry at all times.

If you don't have you laptop with you, put all of the information in you Blackberry then sync it back to you contacts and calender. LOTS OF OPTIONS!!!

I personally use Agency Command. Just signed up with them about 3 months ago. It's not cheap, but not too expensive either compared with other systems on the market. It really is a complete marketing system, plus the guys behind it are Insurance Agency owners. A real plus.

Has anyone used freecrm.com and how do you feel about it? I like that it's accessible from any computer - being that it's on the net. But i worry about safety. I have onenote and am going to check it out! Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I forgot to ask - will onenote take a large volume of leads to file - say 50? My version is called Microsoft Mail and has has onenote, calendars, etc. It states that "Windows Mail is the successor to Outlook Express" Will this software work? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Has anyone used freecrm.com and how do you feel about it? I like that it's accessible from any computer - being that it's on the net. But i worry about safety. I have onenote and am going to check it out! Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I forgot to ask - will onenote take a large volume of leads to file - say 50? My version is called Microsoft Mail and has has onenote, calendars, etc. It states that "Windows Mail is the successor to Outlook Express" Will this software work? Thanks again.

Yes, if you have a Excel file with the prospects information, simply import it into you "contacts". If you are new in the business, don't waste you money on A CRM, use what you have available to you.

Last edited:
Onenote is a completely different beast. I think I have made my rounds and tried most of them. If you are looking for a CRM this is good, inexpensive, and easy to use, check out Oprius.com. It is $14.99 a month.

That is the one I tried most recently, but I like Outlook, Calendar, and Onenote combined. I purchased Onenote 2007 on Ebay for $18.

Taking into consideration that I had to pay something for Microsoft Office, it is almost free to use.

Step 1: place your contact into "Contacts", use the task button to set up a future task, phone call, email,etc. You can also color-code the contact which I really like.
Step 2: click on "Calendar", place your appointment there, for SOLD clients, I put their birthdays as "recurring" every year for a reminder
Step 3: Click on Onenote, you can scan applications, pictures, which I do a lot since I sell commercial insurance, heck, anything you want can be cut and pasted onto Onenote for you to keep

I also put policy information in Onenote and I take notes as I am talking to commercial clients, I scan those notes and paste them onto Onenote.

Using Office allows me to sync to my Blackberry very easily, import or export clients super-fast. By using Office, I have my scheduled appts., birthdays, follow-up dates, email adresses, phone numbers, etc. in my hand, on my Blackberry at all times.

If you don't have you laptop with you, put all of the information in you Blackberry then sync it back to you contacts and calender. LOTS OF OPTIONS!!!
Thanks! I appreciate your information and help with this. Sue

CRM system is one of the best and world wide used system with the help of which you can organize your contacts and can work accordingly...people now use this system in thier work areas too in order to gain the maximum output

Really depends on what you need and what you consider expensive.

P&C, Life, Health, Investments??
One time cost or monthly.

If you are new I would just use what is free or near free.

Just to bring this back to the top, is there any word on a time frame for the next version of YIO?

Just to bring this back to the top, is there any word on a time frame for the next version of YIO?

The next version is going to be a total rewrite as though the current program didn't exist. Apparently it is quite an undertaking based on the time I have been told it will take and the cost.

As with most projects it is going slower than I had anticipated. Just like dealing with contractors when building a restaurant. haha

Building it is only the first step, then comes the tedious job of testing. Hopefully around the end of this year.

Back