Customized Quotes Lee

Also could you have an open end question on your website & ask "how would you like to be remembered?" & then just have them write a short essay 5-6 sentences.

I think I like the general health question better. If you do times give an option of any.

Yeah definitely, Any, Morning, Afternoon and Evening seem to be the 4. I was trying to get a feel for the general health question and thank you for letting me know. Many have also said it doesn't help a ton because they still have to ask specific questions and some people lie to boot.

If it is something that works I can of course then try with both in there. I am just hesitant to make the form longer but I'd do both if people are getting value out of that question.

What do you guys think of this idea?

I feel that the General Health question on my form doesn't provide a lot of value. What about changing it to "Best Time to Call" and doing a standard morning, noon, evening, any setup?

Although most times I am already telling them twice they will be called, I think one more layer couldn't hurt and at this point they physically had to select an option.

I figure it's worth a test run if nothing else. Thoughts?

I WOULD SAY NO DO NOT CHANGE! I know I am just a newer agent but I like the way it is. It gives the client a chance to summarize their own health! When I meet with folks they tend to call themselves unhealthy if they truly are. I say leave it AS IS! Or at least leave a general health question as it gives an idea of what to expect.

If you can add a best time to call that would be great to!

I think you could change the health question to a yes or no to this question: "In the last two years, have had or been treated for heart attack, stroke, cancer or copd?"

Honestly, that covers most issues most people encounter. If someone says no to that question, I am gonna get them approved level 90% of the time.

Another thing I think you could consider doing would be to somehow makes it crystal clear that they have to be contacted by an agent via telephone in order for them to receive accurate detailed quotes and information (which is true btw). Obviously, this will probably reduce the volume a bit, but I am sure it will help ensure we could contact them which increases the quality. It might make sense if the balance is right. I guess you would have to test to know.

You know me and you know I do only phone sales, so being able to contact them is critical. When I did this once before using your leads, this was the issue that killed it for me. I couldn't get a hold of many of the leads :(

I think you could change the health question to a yes or no to this question: "In the last two years, have had or been treated for heart attack, stroke, cancer or copd?"

Honestly, that covers most issues most people encounter. If someone says no to that question, I am gonna get them approved level 90% of the time.

Another thing I think you could consider doing would be to somehow makes it crystal clear that they have to be contacted by an agent via telephone in order for them to receive accurate detailed quotes and information (which is true btw). Obviously, this will probably reduce the volume a bit, but I am sure it will help ensure we could contact them which increases the quality. It might make sense if the balance is right. I guess you would have to test to know.

You know me and you know I do only phone sales, so being able to contact them is critical. When I did this once before using your leads, this was the issue that killed it for me. I couldn't get a hold of many of the leads :(

That seems as though it could be seen as a qualifier. If they answer yes they will be declined. And I agree they have been unhealthy when they say unhealthy.

I am only working my home county. But have thought about picking up a county or two in areas I like to spend time in during the summer months. The majority of all my business is phone and email business. Have these worked well for you doing phone only.

That seems as though it could be seen as a qualifier. If they answer yes they will be declined. And I agree they have been unhealthy when they say unhealthy.

I am only working my home county. But have thought about picking up a county or two in areas I like to spend time in during the summer months. The majority of all my business is phone and email business. Have these worked well for you doing phone only.

You are probably right. It's probably better to leave the health question as is.

I didn't have good results with his leads over the phone sadly. The biggest issue was contact ratio. I never once spoke to half of them. At their price, I would need to contact near 90% of them for it to work out entirely over the phone. Sucks cuz lee is a cool guy and I would love to do business with him.

edit: I should clarify that I tried out his leads last year. I know he has made changes since.

Last edited:

I feel that the General Health question on my form doesn't provide a lot of value. What about changing it to "Best Time to Call" and doing a standard morning, noon, evening, any setup?

Although most times I am already telling them twice they will be called, I think one more layer couldn't hurt and at this point they physically had to select an option.

Yeah. I'd rather have a check box for something like that than health. I want an agent to contact me and go over my options. (Check mark) Something like that. The info of the agent contacting then might be skipped by some hasty people.

I don't think you need to change anything.

Personally, I like to call the lead the day before going and either set an appointment or leave them a message letting them know that I am the guy that takes care of these and that I will be in their area tomorrow. If they don't return my call, chances are they already heard my message and won't be so surprised when I knock on their door.

General health was useful because it gave me an idea of what I should be looking for and it was a good way to move into their medical conditions on the phone. But now that I think about it, if I had to choose I would prefer to improve chances of someone answering the phone then to know their health and calling all different times for them to answer and they still don't answer.

Back