Customized Quotes Lee

With 10 leads, it's entirely possible that the problem was more about an inexperienced agent as opposed to a horrible lead. Or, of course, it might have been just "bad luck".
Those who didn't answer, you could door knock. Those that "blew you off", you need to examine your phone approach and see if any tweaks need to be applied.
Then, door knock those too.

With 10 leads, it's entirely possible that the problem was more about an inexperienced agent as opposed to a horrible lead. Or, of course, it might have been just "bad luck". Those who didn't answer, you could door knock. Those that "blew you off", you need to examine your phone approach and see if any tweaks need to be applied. Then, door knock those too.

Birdman is a producer. So much so that at the FEX conference in Indy...the Oxford rep couldn't wait to meet him. Literally stop Scott and asked where he was.

----------

I also ordered a small batch when he first started and I'm not opposed to ordering more, but I struck out too.

You might want to contact Lee and see if he will throw you some freebies. He's pretty good with stuff like that especially with agent's that don't come on here and complain about the leads...lol

Agentguy5- You're right, and in fairness to Lee I did speak with him a couple weeks back and he sent a few freebies my way (thanks again Lee). I think he ended up sending me like 16-17 leads total. I respect and appreciate his willingness to work with me and I'm totally thankful for that. Also, I'm fully aware that the sample size was only 16-17 count (yes it’s low). However, it was represented to me that agents were "Killing it" with those leads...higher than average close ratio...30%-40% in some cases. Now that's an extraordinary claim...caught my attention. I thought "ok with claims like that, I should be able to at least break the 1k mark...at least". Well…I broke even…at least so far. I don’t like it when people overreact on here and go off on each other with personal attacks about trivial stuff and I don’t want this to be an attack on Lee because it’s not.

I've worked leads of all different kinds...TM, DM, Press1, Avatar, and done pretty well (usually ROI 5x-10x and sometimes higher) and yes my sample size is at least 10 for each different lead source. I've at least written $1,000 on every single lead source I've ever tried (even on 10 leads) and that was while I was in this business for only 3 months.

I'm posting this mostly because I appreciate the opinion and feedback from agents that have tried different leads sources who post their honest reviews and such and I’m simply offering my feedback based on my results. Agents who are considering using this source should realize that not every agent is "killing it" with these leads. The quality of these leads, from my experience, is not better than DM, TM, or Avatar, and not worth the premium price (or at least I’m not yet convinced of it). That's all I'm saying.
I tried emailing, phone calls, door knocking. One lady wouldn't answer the phone so I DK'd and she answered the door and as soon as I mentioned the information she provided on the website, she closed the door on me (I'm a big boy...no big deal). Another lady, told me never to call her again... said she just wanted a quote not a phone call and hung up. These are just the ones I was able to contact…the rest are ghosts. With the first one I thought no big deal, then the second…hmmm ok it happens…Then 3, then 4,5,6,7, etc. I mean it was weird. I finally got one to actually schedule an appointment with me (phew). He bought of course. Regardless of these responses, I paid a premium price per lead so I expected a premium ROI. Maybe it was just terrible luck...@PCB-maybe it was just me (probably)...maybe both (likely). Either way, I spent a lot of time emailing, door knocking, dialing, etc over and over and over… with mixed results at best. Again, I realize 16 leads is low.
When I buy a product I always read the reviews (positive and negative) so I can understand all perspectives and make a somewhat informed decision before I decide to buy. If some of you agents are truly "killing it" with these leads and are happy paying that price...GREAT!!! I'm really glad for you. I envy you.

If you look at Lee’s site, it's a simple (but effective) form that people fill out. I actually like how simple it is. His SEO is really good because I tested it on Google. But I think people mainly fill out the form mostly because they EXPECT to get an instant web quote as soon as they hit the “Submit” button. I'm not saying the site is deceptive because it never says anything about getting an instant e-quote. I think people expect the instant online quote. They take time to fill out all the details of the form then…..“Thank you…you’ll be contacted by an agent very soon”(or whatever it says) then they feel let down (at least the people in Utah and Vegas but nowhere else evidently). One actual response was: "I just wanted a quote, not a phone call" -CLICK!!! Another said, “I thought it was going to quote me from different companies online…I don’t want to talk to a sales person” –CLICK. About half of them never answered the phone. Most never answered the door, phone, or email. Seriously????

Suggestion: If the form had a note at the top saying that "If you would like a representative to contact you then simply fill out this form", or have a check box that says something like "I agree to have a representative contact me about final expense insurance quotes" then they know they're not getting an instant quote, and are expecting an agent to contact them later. Now THAT might be worth the $35 price tag for me...maybe more;);).

I'm fully aware the sample size is not large and I should give Lee props for being willing to work with me. I sure wish the leads I got were as good as some of you super awesome veteran agents...but they weren't and I don’t think it’s Lee’s fault…and I don’t blame him. But I stand by my original post. I say this respectfully…IMHO these leads are no better quality than any other lead type I’ve ever used and not worth the PREMIUM price tag.

For you guys that are killing it with these…I’d love some feedback on ways that I can make money on the rest of the leads I still have.

-Ryan

I have done very well with Lee's leads. I have them dumped into Radius and they automatically receive an email from me telling them to expect a call from me for additional information. They have been a higher income than my DM leads, everyone I have sat with I have wrote. One lady complained I called to late in the evening. I have re ordered about 4 times. The best overall response and ability to connect with them have been in the metropolitan area. Rural areas not as good, opposite of my DM experience. I have had two GI cases out of about 30 leads. Still a small sample, but about a 10-1 ROI. I will tweek my areas down a little to focus on the metro & suburban areas. I have yet to get very low income response. Minneapolis-St Paul areas tend to be very comfortable with technology, its been a big part of our economy for a long time, which probably affects the response rate.

Agentguy5- You're right, and in fairness to Lee I did speak with him a couple weeks back and he sent a few freebies my way (thanks again Lee). I think he ended up sending me like 16-17 leads total. I respect and appreciate his willingness to work with me and I'm totally thankful for that. Also, I'm fully aware that the sample size was only 16-17 count (yes it’s low). However, it was represented to me that agents were "Killing it" with those leads...higher than average close ratio...30%-40% in some cases. Now that's an extraordinary claim...caught my attention. I thought "ok with claims like that, I should be able to at least break the 1k mark...at least". Well…I broke even…at least so far. I don’t like it when people overreact on here and go off on each other with personal attacks about trivial stuff and I don’t want this to be an attack on Lee because it’s not.

I've worked leads of all different kinds...TM, DM, Press1, Avatar, and done pretty well (usually ROI 5x-10x and sometimes higher) and yes my sample size is at least 10 for each different lead source. I've at least written $1,000 on every single lead source I've ever tried (even on 10 leads) and that was while I was in this business for only 3 months.

I'm posting this mostly because I appreciate the opinion and feedback from agents that have tried different leads sources who post their honest reviews and such and I’m simply offering my feedback based on my results. Agents who are considering using this source should realize that not every agent is "killing it" with these leads. The quality of these leads, from my experience, is not better than DM, TM, or Avatar, and not worth the premium price (or at least I’m not yet convinced of it). That's all I'm saying.
I tried emailing, phone calls, door knocking. One lady wouldn't answer the phone so I DK'd and she answered the door and as soon as I mentioned the information she provided on the website, she closed the door on me (I'm a big boy...no big deal). Another lady, told me never to call her again... said she just wanted a quote not a phone call and hung up. These are just the ones I was able to contact…the rest are ghosts. With the first one I thought no big deal, then the second…hmmm ok it happens…Then 3, then 4,5,6,7, etc. I mean it was weird. I finally got one to actually schedule an appointment with me (phew). He bought of course. Regardless of these responses, I paid a premium price per lead so I expected a premium ROI. Maybe it was just terrible luck...@PCB-maybe it was just me (probably)...maybe both (likely). Either way, I spent a lot of time emailing, door knocking, dialing, etc over and over and over… with mixed results at best. Again, I realize 16 leads is low.
When I buy a product I always read the reviews (positive and negative) so I can understand all perspectives and make a somewhat informed decision before I decide to buy. If some of you agents are truly "killing it" with these leads and are happy paying that price...GREAT!!! I'm really glad for you. I envy you.

If you look at Lee’s site, it's a simple (but effective) form that people fill out. I actually like how simple it is. His SEO is really good because I tested it on Google. But I think people mainly fill out the form mostly because they EXPECT to get an instant web quote as soon as they hit the “Submit” button. I'm not saying the site is deceptive because it never says anything about getting an instant e-quote. I think people expect the instant online quote. They take time to fill out all the details of the form then…..“Thank you…you’ll be contacted by an agent very soon”(or whatever it says) then they feel let down (at least the people in Utah and Vegas but nowhere else evidently). One actual response was: "I just wanted a quote, not a phone call" -CLICK!!! Another said, “I thought it was going to quote me from different companies online…I don’t want to talk to a sales person” –CLICK. About half of them never answered the phone. Most never answered the door, phone, or email. Seriously????

Suggestion: If the form had a note at the top saying that "If you would like a representative to contact you then simply fill out this form", or have a check box that says something like "I agree to have a representative contact me about final expense insurance quotes" then they know they're not getting an instant quote, and are expecting an agent to contact them later. Now THAT might be worth the $35 price tag for me...maybe more;);).

I'm fully aware the sample size is not large and I should give Lee props for being willing to work with me. I sure wish the leads I got were as good as some of you super awesome veteran agents...but they weren't and I don’t think it’s Lee’s fault…and I don’t blame him. But I stand by my original post. I say this respectfully…IMHO these leads are no better quality than any other lead type I’ve ever used and not worth the PREMIUM price tag.

For you guys that are killing it with these…I’d love some feedback on ways that I can make money on the rest of the leads I still have.

-Ryan

I actually agree with Birdman in some respects to his perspective. First let me start by saying Lee's program works! What I mean is it does the job of bringing real time leads and leads that are people that actually qualify for FE. In addition, his customer service is exceptional. Anytime I have gotten a poor quality lead, Lee has never fussed or argued. He would gladly remove it from my count. Not to mention, there were many times he has removed a bad lead before I even get the chance to notify him. Also, I might add that every now and again I get a freebie for a county that I have not locked-in.

But (and Lee and I have discussed this in-depth) I do believe geography plays a HUGE part in the effectiveness of this program. I, like Birdman, have gotten the same results out here in NYC and the surrounding suburban areas. I ordered 12 my first time around in October and another batch of 12 in Jan.-Feb. and I got a few freebies, so lets say I got 22 so far. Out of those 22 all of them fell into one category, WINDOW SHOPPERS! Half of them did not answer their phone nor responded to email (btw I am like a dog with a bone when it comes to a lead, I dont quit until they say "stop calling me."). That means I reached out to these people numerous times with no answer. Those that I did get on the phone either wanted it but had no money so they would string me along, wanted it and knew they had no money so they blew me off or just answered the phone the one time I got them, or they were a lonely, crazy (remember I am in NYC), miserable old person. I had one lady tell me she was too depressed to discuss insurance. I had another lady tell me she was an insomniac and all she wanted was a quote. I had another lady tell me on the first call she buried her husband yesterday so call her in the week and when I followed up as she agreed to, she told me I was "harrassing" her. Not to mention I had one guy seem interested and when I called back to set the appt., he said he was no longer interested and when I asked why he just said "Cause" and hung up the phone. I had one lady when I called she answered and when I said who I was she said "discontinue and dont ever call me again!" Mind you all I said was who I am and that I am responding to her request. I had one lady answer and when I introduced myself she hung up immediately. Lastly I had one lady who actually met with me and as I am getting to the app, she tells me she doesnt have the money right now but will have it in a week so I still fill out the app anyway (giving her the benefit of the doubt because she seemed responsible after I questioned her and when I pre-qualified her). However, when I came to collect the premium she stood me up and a week later I have yet been able to contact her or have I heard from her.

Did I add also I am no veteran but I am also not a newby either. Also, for all those who will say maybe its me I would say not at all because I say the same thing everytime I call, "Hi this is Michael, I am an insurance agent in your area. I received your info from CQ.com stating you were looking for a quote." So Birdman is not crazy. Not every state is filled with personable people or the same decor. What works down south may not work up north. People are different. Attitudes are different. Lifestyles are different. I see some of you talk about DK. If I did that here in NYC I probably would either get the cops called on me or get cursed out. So I don't DK these leads. It may work down south and maybe parts of the mid-west but not here in NYC and as Birdman says not in Vegas either. Once again Lee's program is great but the geography I believe plays a big role as well. Lee never lead me to believe I would get a high return on this or any return at all. I took his program up on my choice. Also Birdman may have a point as I read his post. Maybe letting these people know that they will receive a call from an agent in their area may be more effective in certain states. I am starting to believe myself that many of these folks were just expecting an instant quote. Idk if Lee will see this but if you do what do you think about that idea and is it something you are able to do on the website for our areas?

Birdman is a producer. So much so that at the FEX conference in Indy...the Oxford rep couldn't wait to meet him. Literally stop Scott and asked where he was.

----------

I also ordered a small batch when he first started and I'm not opposed to ordering more, but I struck out too.

Same boat. I need a larger sample to know for sure but $35 each costs me $700 for 20 leads. For $700 I can get 35-40 DM leads that I know work. I REALLY wanted them to work and maybe they do but for now, I'll stick to what I know works and leave the R&D to others. For the record, Lee seems like a stand up guy and I'd like to do biz with guys like that.

Did I add also I am no veteran but I am also not a newby either. Also, for all those who will say maybe its me I would say not at all because I say the same thing everytime I call, "Hi this is Michael, I am an insurance agent in your area. I received your info from CQ.com stating you were looking for a quote." So Birdman is not crazy. Not every state is filled with personable people or the same decor. What works down south may not work up north. People are different. Attitudes are different. Lifestyles are different. I see some of you talk about DK. If I did that here in NYC I probably would either get the cops called on me or get cursed out. So I don't DK these leads. It may work down south and maybe parts of the mid-west but not here in NYC and as Birdman says not in Vegas either.

Amen! .. All the more reason to live in the sunny south! :yes:

Back