CYA Aetna, I'll Miss You

Well we will have to agree to disagree on this one. If they can qualify for first day coverage, that's what they're getting from me.

I just left the house where I thought I was going to be able to get them trans standard, but that wasn't going to fly. Then because they were non-smokers I went to SNL, but even that wasn't going to fly. So had to fall back on Gerber.

Gerber definitely was cheaper than trans standard and even more so if they had been smokers, but if they would have qualified I would not even of looked at or shown the Gerber prices.

If its ROP why is a face to face required? Cant see what could be contested if its ROP anyway. Do they request an agents statement if death occurs during the contestable period? If so Im assuming recission is a possibility in which case would be no different than Gerber, except beneficiary gets no interest. I dont see how putting someone on a higher priced ROP vs Gerber helps a client. I see how it helps the agents (comp, chargeback rules etc) but clients are overpaying. This assumes SNL doesnt contest ROP death claims otherwise agents may not be better off either if there is a recission. Am I missing something? Obviously they are better off on the 1st day coverage if they qualify for it with SNL vs Gerber, but we are talking ROP folks here... oxygen, cancer etc. This is not a bash on SNL but a legitimate question, obviously Tommy you and your company are a fine operation with a good reputation. I do believe the only reason Gerbers low price model works, is they arent suffering from the adverse selection that independent agents are sending them. This is what likely killed Vantis. Gerber has many more healthy folks that enroll directly, which offsets the sick ones the agents put with them. Strictly agent sold carriers couldnt afford to do GI at Gerber like rates because the mortality is too high when compared to direct response sales. This is because no decent agent would put someone on GI when they qualified for level, so only the sickest ones are sold ROP by agents.

Agents are field underwriters and on the phone you can't tell if someone is 175 lbs or 400 lbs. someone may be sitting in front of you with oxygen going and you can see that but on the phone they may tell you they don't use oxygen. Those are 2 examples, but there are more.

We're supposed to be the experts not them. A doctor wouldn't let you choose a worse option if it meant lowering your odds of survival. Matter of fact he wouldn't even tell you about it because he's the doctor.

Guys, be the professional. Give them your best recommendation & jet.

Well we will have to agree to disagree on this one. If they can qualify for first day coverage, that's what they're getting from me. I just left the house where I thought I was going to be able to get them trans standard, but that wasn't going to fly. Then because they were non-smokers I went to SNL, but even that wasn't going to fly. So had to fall back on Gerber. Gerber definitely was cheaper than trans standard and even more so if they had been smokers, but if they would have qualified I would not even of looked at or shown the Gerber prices.

I'm not referring to 1st day coverage. By all means get them 1st day coverage if you can. The discussion was between graded and ROP.

I would like to know if SNL contests their ROP death claims during the contestable period. Anyone know? Wouldn't matter to the client much but could be detrimental to the agents commissions if a full chargeback. Client's family gets return of premium either way but agent gets dinged.

Read and learn young weed-hopper.

It doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what their doctor thinks.

The only think that is going through their mind when they are presented with those options is "what is the chance of me dieing in the next few years?"

It has nothing to do with reality. It has everything to do with their perceived reality.

Some of the sickest wins think they're healthy as a horse. Some of the healthy ones that are depressed think they're going to die tomorrow.

It's not for you or me to judge it's their choice and their decision.

Actually it does matter what I think. I'm a licensed professional, I've been doing this for over five years.

Perceived reality? What are you on about? Haha

Bottom line is there is 100 percent a chance that they will pass away in the first two years. Insurance is meant to eliminate risk! If you have the option to eliminate the risk from day one and do not you are not doing a great job for their family.

Listen old grasshopper just because you are old doesn't make you right, I've been around long enough to know that.

Actually it does matter what I think. I'm a licensed professional, I've been doing this for over five years.

Perceived reality? What are you on about? Haha

Bottom line is there is 100 percent a chance that they will pass away in the first two years. Insurance is meant to eliminate risk! If you have the option to eliminate the risk from day one and do not you are not doing a great job for their family.

Listen old grasshopper just because you are old doesn't make you right, I've been around long enough to know that.
Five years? That is the average apprenticeship. Another five and you can join the journeyman ranks. :)

Back