Dave Ramsey lawsuit

Dave does not give out earth shattering advice. Its common sense. Get out of debt, save for retirement, get insurance, dont spend money on stupid stuff if you dont have it to spare.

Yeah, its financial wisdom.... but at a very basic elementary level.

---

I never really watched him, but from the clips Ive seen, he comes off rude af to me, especially if he is questioned.

I guess a certain segment of the population enjoys seeing him be a bully.

I don't think anything he said here is dumb.

I know that you hate mlms but there are people who crush it in that space.
What Dave alludes to in a convoluted way is that those "crushing it" in MLM don't do so by sales or overrides, but rather from hosting "Power Builder Summits", conferences, seminars or selling training books and dvds TO THEIR OWN PEOPLE, or via corporate appearance fees for speaking on stage at large events. People recruited to MLMs are the seat fillers. Sale's commissions barely cover their overheads of the top earners. 99.7% pursuing MLM dreams lose money when all costs are figured in, annually. Cumulatively, over a 5-10 yr period, that number shrinks to less than 1 in 1000. Dave's only answer should have been "avoid MLM at all costs". Full stop.

Dave does not give out earth shattering advice. Its common sense. Get out of debt, save for retirement, get insurance, dont spend money on stupid stuff if you dont have it to spare.

Yeah, its financial wisdom.... but at a very basic elementary level.

---

I never really watched him, but from the clips Ive seen, he comes off rude af to me, especially if he is questioned.

I guess a certain segment of the population enjoys seeing him be a bully.
Dave suggests living modestly. Meanwhile, on Contradiction Avenue.....
5d022f9a-f57b-4dbc-83a6-753b0b0dae94-large16x9_DaveRamsey.jpg

What Dave alludes to in a convoluted way is that those "crushing it" in MLM don't do so by sales or overrides, but rather from hosting "Power Builder Summits", conferences, seminars or selling training books and dvds TO THEIR OWN PEOPLE, or via corporate appearance fees for speaking on stage at large events. People recruited to MLMs are the seat fillers. Sale's commissions barely cover their overheads of the top earners. 99.7% pursuing MLM dreams lose money when all costs are figured in, annually. Cumulatively, over a 5-10 yr period, that number shrinks to less than 1 in 1000. Dave's only answer should have been "avoid MLM at all costs". Full stop.

So no one should ever become an insurance agent because don't make it? Most insurance agents work within a quasi mlm pyramid with someone getting a cut of the compensation between carrier & agent. Traditional agency system has layers getting overrides, IMO/FMO is getting a cut, most independent systems have owners with producers getting a fraction of pay, PC aggregators have layers between carrier & producer.

I don't believe the insurance system is as bad as some mlm, but it does have some similarities in terms of the levels "pyramid" aspect, except for those that are direct agent to carrier with no upline, etc. But that is a mere fraction of total sales nationally across all lines of insurance

So no one should ever become an insurance agent because don't make it? Most insurance agents work within a quasi mlm pyramid with someone getting a cut of the compensation between carrier & agent. Traditional agency system has layers getting overrides, IMO/FMO is getting a cut, most independent systems have owners with producers getting a fraction of pay, PC aggregators have layers between carrier & producer.

I don't believe the insurance system is as bad as some mlm, but it does have some similarities in terms of the levels "pyramid" aspect, except for those that are direct agent to carrier with no upline, etc. But that is a mere fraction of total sales nationally across all lines of insurance
Chez MLM is the steak restaurant that serves crackers, and always has. In fact, they don't even carry steak, and never have. But no problem, as the majority of people who dine at Chez MLM are the employees anyways, who also pay the rent and overheads, and for training.

lol...that's pretty funny.

Yep. And crazy that he is saying that to his audience.... the very people he duped into being scammed by that company.

Im still here, I got mine, go f*ck yourself if you got scammed out of $15k because of me.... Im neck deep in cash...

AND THEY EAT UP EVERY LINE BECAUSE HE IS BEING A BULLY ABOUT IT AND THEY ENJOY HEARING HIM INSULT PEOPLE

Back