Daviso Insurance Group. Any Thoughts?

^^and the only people you will ever hear say that drivel are the marketers for telesales.

That dude ain't selling FE on the phone.

He's selling a pipe dream to the unknowing.

Telesales "gets a bad wrap" because nearly all independent agents have failed at it. From my experience those that are part of a group that is running their business correctly do perfectly fine in telesales.

The other point is that many agents think that telesales is the cure to their burn out issue, when in reality it amplifies it. The dream of sitting at home in your boxers closing five deals a day is a farce. Some organizations recruit to that, I've never seen it happen.

But if you come in with the right expectations, and are willing to be coached and implement sales strategies (that only work over the phone) you can find the right organization and make a great living selling FE over the phone.

The key is finding the right organization and totally understanding what youre getting yourself into.

Which organizations are "right"..?

No such thing as free leads.

There's this big drama over on LinkedIn between FFL and Equis. FFL is claiming to offer contracts up to 140%. They never tell you its for Americo Eagle. Anyway, they claim you start at 100% and get up to 140%. Then when you actually have a FFL agent call the carrier they are at 80% lol.

Equis starts their agents even lower, but their awesome system makes up for it I guess.

Anyway, long story to get to the point. This koolaid drinking NAA guy keeps jumping into the fray saying "I get paid by the carriers!" And "we top out at 83%, but I'm at 55%."

Him and I sparred for a few rounds until he put me in my place saying I was the chump. His leads are FREE. After I mentioned he is giving up over 50% in comp for those "free leads," he surprisingly hasn't responded.

Maybe, just maybe, he finally drank the bitter dregs at the bottom of the koolaid and has wisened up. Not holding my breath.

Though I don't know who's worse. NAA giving free stepped on leads and a 55% or FFL/Equis giving out 70/80% contracts with $35-$45 leads??

There's this big drama over on LinkedIn between FFL and Equis. FFL is claiming to offer contracts up to 140%. They never tell you its for Americo Eagle. Anyway, they claim you start at 100% and get up to 140%. Then when you actually have a FFL agent call the carrier they are at 80% lol.

Equis starts their agents even lower, but their awesome system makes up for it I guess.

Anyway, long story to get to the point. This koolaid drinking NAA guy keeps jumping into the fray saying "I get paid by the carriers!" And "we top out at 83%, but I'm at 55%."

Him and I sparred for a few rounds until he put me in my place saying I was the chump. His leads are FREE. After I mentioned he is giving up over 50% in comp for those "free leads," he surprisingly hasn't responded.

Maybe, just maybe, he finally drank the bitter dregs at the bottom of the koolaid and has wisened up. Not holding my breath.

Though I don't know who's worse. NAA giving free stepped on leads and a 55% or FFL/Equis giving out 70/80% contracts with $35-$45 leads??

You're assuming the agent write business. If someone gave you 30 leads at no charge, and you wrote no deals - are they free? I agree with you and JD's assement, but most of agents on these platforms do get free leads the heavy hitters who make it up in commissions end up going on their own and using someone else's money and leads for practice.

You're assuming the agent write business. If someone gave you 30 leads at no charge, and you wrote no deals - are they free? I agree with you and JD's assement, but most of agents on these platforms do get free leads the heavy hitters who make it up in commissions end up going on their own and using someone else's money and leads for practice.

They still cost the agent time. Is time free?

It cost the trainer/recruiter time too so it's a wash and you know dang well if they aren't closing sales they are taking up a lot of someones time.

We're not talking about the cost to the trainer. We're talking about the cost to the agent. A trainer goes in knowing that they are investing their time/money. If the agent makes it they will reap the benefits. If the agent fails out then the trainer likely fails out too. They know that going in though.

Leads are NOT free to the agent when they get a cut in commission. You can try to twist this how you want, but there is no such thing as free leads.

Back