Daviso Insurance Group. Any Thoughts?

We're not talking about the cost to the trainer. We're talking about the cost to the agent. A trainer goes in knowing that they are investing their time/money. If the agent makes it they will reap the benefits. If the agent fails out then the trainer likely fails out too. They know that going in though.

Leads are NOT free to the agent when they get a cut in commission. You can try to twist this how you want, but there is no such thing as free leads.

Not true. If an agent doesn't sell enough to pay for the share of leads they took they are free.

Free means without cost. They paid nothing for it, and up line recieved nothing therefore it is free.

----------

They shouldn't recruit them then.

Yeah, unfortunately most regardless of f2f, telesales, MP, fe, ms, p&c, etc are going to fail out of the business.

In hindsight there are lots of things we should and shouldn't have done but in the present moment it's easier said than done.

Free leads get a bad wrap, and understandably so. Many IMO's lure new or cash strapped agents into a dream of never having to pay for leads and setting unrealistic expectations.

However, there are some examples where agencies can provide great quality leads to agents who would not be able to obtain that same kind of lead, that might make it worth it to take a cut in commission for the agent. Especially if anyone's cost per acquisition is too high as an independent.

I see this a lot specifically in the telesales vertical.

Not true. If an agent doesn't sell enough to pay for the share of leads they took they are free.

Free means without cost. They paid nothing for it, and up line recieved nothing therefore it is free.

With this kind of logic why don't we go ahead and say they are free to the agent that never became an agent too?

Free leads get a bad wrap, and understandably so. Many IMO's lure new or cash strapped agents into a dream of never having to pay for leads and setting unrealistic expectations.

However, there are some examples where agencies can provide great quality leads to agents who would not be able to obtain that same kind of lead, that might make it worth it to take a cut in commission for the agent. Especially if anyone's cost per acquisition is too high as an independent.

I see this a lot specifically in the telesales vertical.

The problem with "free lead" outfits is they want to keep all the commission AND still play games with the leads. They want to give people old leads and make them "earn" the fresh ones. This makes the new guy's shitty odds even shittier. Of course the whole thing is designed to exploit the agent, not offer them an honest career opportunity. Honest "free lead" agencies are a rare bird. I've seen a couple of these birds here in PA, but they focus primarily on Medicare.:idea:

First they are breaking the law, 100% of all of them in that office are employees. If they are employees (as they should be) then your acting like a snowflake and need to listen to your employer.

You're not too good at reading comprehension, are you?

The worker bees at NorthStar/VRG are paid commissions directly by Pioneer American, like any other independent agents. However, they are required to adhere to a strict 45-50 hour/week schedule. Their lunch breaks are micromanaged. These "independent contractors" are required to show up at the call center at 7:30 AM to hear their cult leader's Podcast. A friend of mine was terminated by them earlier this year because he refused to show up for this kindergarten pep rally. Pioneer American then immediately terminated him. NorthStar gets to keep any renewals his sales generate, but he gets the massive chargebacks on business that lapses. A "heads we win, tails you lose" sort of arrangement.

Please explain to me how this isn't anything but a crooked organization for the producing agent.

Last edited:
Back