Day one, level coverage for CHF ... Does it exist?

Prosperity doesn’t do ‘risk assessments’ when I called to ask, nor does it seem that appitical is the final say. Did a case with them, a week later got an email that they were calling the Person for more info.
not sure who you talk to. I have direct line, and email to an underwriter. We run past all known MIB info., Rx info. etc. Then I provide cover sheet with a recap of conversation on the application.

I put Prosperity right up there with let's say RNA for access to Underwriting. Really like them

Called into new business said “can i speak to an underwriter for a risk assessment”
“Oh, no sir we stopped doing that”

Called into new business said “can i speak to an underwriter for a risk assessment”
“Oh, no sir we stopped doing that”

Unfortunately, we see this sort of nonsense a lot from different carriers. You call for help, get someone new on the phone or someone that doesn't understand what you're asking, and this is their answer.

That’s the trouble when your trying to learn a company. I can ask for someone by name in Cedar Rapids for example, but seems I got a dud at prosperity that day.

Prosperity doesn’t do ‘risk assessments’ when I called to ask, nor does it seem that appitical is the final say. Did a case with them, a week later got an email that they were calling the Person for more info.
Yep, seems like they've gotten into a bad habit of doing so lately. Very sad because I really liked their product. :confused:

Interviewer: "The Rx provider has reported the following prescription fills - Digoxin, Furosemide, Spironolactone, Carvedilol and Atenolol. Were these medications prescribed for Congestive Heart Failure?"

Client; "Uhhhh, NO".

Interviewer: "Hello, Agent. The prospective insured is medically eligible for the LEVEL product."

Agent: (mumbling) "You gotta be sh*tting me!"

Did the proposed insured also promise not to die for two years? That is a rescission looking for a time and place to happen. You know the medical records say otherwise, and claims and legal would probably be willing to roll the dice on denying it even if they couldn't explicitly find it in the records.

I'm sorry but there is no way Prosperity is intending to take CHF for level coverage.

First, their product is not in any way priced to absorb this risk. It would need to cost way more to support the risk of CHF clients.

Look at this article. Here's a quote from it:

"A 2016 study estimated that about half of people who develop heart failure live beyond 5 years after being diagnosed."

Second, their application says:

"In the past 2 years, has the Proposed Insured been diagnosed or received treatment from a member of the medical profession, or other practitioner, or been hospitalized for any of the following... heart attack, angina (chest pain), congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), or aneurysm or had heart or circulatory surgery?"

I'm not saying that a CHF person won't get pass their script check (I don't know because I've never tried. I'm saying their app clearly says CHF isn't level.

Do you take aricept for alzheimer's?

No, well I can't remember.

We have issued you at preferred!

Did the proposed insured also promise not to die for two years? That is a rescission looking for a time and place to happen. You know the medical records say otherwise, and claims and legal would probably be willing to roll the dice on denying it even if they couldn't explicitly find it in the records.

Back