Decided to Go Indy FE

Thanks Newby. I know I could probably get good training from an experienced agent, but I think I'll actually probably have more of a drive to do this if I'm indy. Right now I'm in Corporate America and quite frankly I'm tired of working my a** off to make someone else rich.

I talked to Scott and I'm feeling pretty good about this choice.

Where would you find an experienced agent at an agency?

You will find more experienced agents on the FEX Friday call than you even know exist.

Then you have probably the best FE agent in the business in Travis and he teaches a duplicable system.

I don't know if you made the right choice or not. I don't know anything about P&C except for paying for it. I do know several P&C agents and they do very well for themselves.

Most of them grew up in the business though.

Where would you find an experienced agent at an agency?

You will find more experienced agents on the FEX Friday call than you even know exist.

Then you have probably the best FE agent in the business in Travis and he teaches a duplicable system.

I don't know if you made the right choice or not. I don't know anything about P&C except for paying for it. I do know several P&C agents and they do very well for themselves.

Most of them grew up in the business though.

Thanks for all of the insight and advice everyone. Nope, not going indy P&C...going for FE. I've heard P&C can be kind of a tough row to hoe for an inexperienced agent.

Man, you guys should have warned me about Newby! :D

In all seriousness though, I trusted his judgement as well. :)

Thanks for all of the insight and advice everyone. Nope, not going indy P&C...going for FE. I've heard P&C can be kind of a tough row to hoe for an inexperienced agent. Man, you guys should have warned me about Newby! :D In all seriousness though, I trusted his judgement as well. :)

In case our sarcasm meter has broken, Scott and Newby are the same person. At least I hope they are...;)

Thanks for all of the insight and advice everyone. Nope, not going indy P&C...going for FE. I've heard P&C can be kind of a tough row to hoe for an inexperienced agent.

Man, you guys should have warned me about Newby! :D

In all seriousness though, I trusted his judgement as well. :)

Hey, who youz callin a hoe? :1err:

In case our sarcasm meter has broken, Scott and Newby are the same person. At least I hope they are...;)

You never really know around here.... :biggrin:

After much consideration, I have decided to go indy FE. I don't yet have experience, but I want to focus on one thing and quite honestly, I know that if I don't go indy now, I will only end up doing it down the road so why not start now?

I've started reading through FEXContracting and figure I'll go that route. I currently have only my p&c, so about to study for and take the l&h licensure.

So far you all of you that started off indy, do you have any words of wisdom? I'm a bit nervous to jump in with no experience, but I suppose I will learn in time. Did several of you indy guys/gals just jump on off into the deep end of the water (no experience)?

Thanks for any insight.

Getting into the FE market was one of the best decisions that my wife and I have made together. I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day. lol

Step up your game and show some hardcore work ethic. The more time you put into learning the presentation and learning basic field underwriting, the greater your chances will be to succeed in our industry.

Don't be afraid to invest into leads. Agents that only invest in a few leads and then have gaps where they are waiting for leads to come in, will most likely struggle the most. Agents that have a steady flow of leads, are more likely to get off to a strong start and end up being more consistent in selling FE.

Oh, and make sure to call Scott at least 5-10 times a day with any questions you have.

:yes:

Getting into the FE market was one of the best decisions that my wife and I have made together. I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day. lol Step up your game and show some hardcore work ethic. The more time you put into learning the presentation and learning basic field underwriting, the greater your chances will be to succeed in our industry. Don't be afraid to invest into leads. Agents that only invest in a few leads and then have gaps where they are waiting for leads to come in, will most likely struggle the most. Agents that have a steady flow of leads, are more likely to get off to a strong start and end up being more consistent in selling FE. Oh, and make sure to call Scott at least 5-10 times a day with any questions you have. :yes:

Haven't you heard? We use avatar Scott's to answer the phones.

Back