Dental or Vision Insurance with Return of Premium

I think you are envisioning a HMO dental insurance. I am referring to a dental indemnity I don't see myself using 2-3k of dental work a year. In any case my question was anyone aware of one.

I saw that AFLAC has a dental indemnity plan, but there is no carryover of unsed max. Is anyone aware of a AFLAC like dental indemnity plan that does offer carryover of unused maximum.
Manhattan dental plan looks about good as I have seen.. You choose $100 or $1500 per year coverage.. It is a pool of money that be used for dental, hearing, vision... However, there's no carry over and no ROP but there is no network so you can use any provider.

Last edited:
Rousemark, much appreciated! It sounds like an FSA type plan almost disguised as "insurance."

They don't have carryover in name, but they do increase the reimbursement rate each year, which to me is equally interesting. I want it to be more valuable in future years.

Very very awesome find are you aware of any other off the beaten path products like this?

I am also looking for anything on the critical care/cancer insurance as well as LTC.

Manhattn dental plan looks about good as I ahve seen.. You choose $100 or $1500 per year coverage.. It is a pool of money that be used for dental, hearing, vision... However, there's no carry over and no ROP.

Rousemark, much appreciated! It sounds like an FSA type plan almost disguised as "insurance."

They don't have carryover in name, but they do increase the reimbursement rate each year, which to me is equally interesting. I want it to be more valuable in future years.

Very very awesome find are you aware of any other off the beaten path products like this?

I am also looking for anything on the critical care/cancer insurance as well as LTC.
Manhattan also has a good cancer plan. It is one of the few that covers immunotherapy the same as Chemo and Radiation... This is important as most the great strides made recently have been in the immuno area... They also have a CI policy that is uniques in that it pays a lump sum and then pays 10% of that amount per month for 12 months.. ex. $20,000 lump sum then 12 months at $2000 per month for a total payout of $44000. In addition it has some confinement and treatment benefits.

Manhattan also has a good cancer plan. It is one of the few that covers immunotherapy the same as Chemo and Radiation... This is important as most the great strides made recently have been in the immuno area... They also have a CI policy that is uniques in that it pays a lump sum and then pays 10% of that amount per month for 12 months.. ex. $20,000 lump sum then 12 months at $2000 per month for a total payout of $44000. In addition it has some confinement and treatment benefits.

My search for CI/Cancer and LTCI is a bit unique. I am more motivated by tax purposes as I have a series of large capital gains I am anticipating over the next couple years that I am hoping to bury in the 0% tax bracket.

I am self-employed and have an S-Corp so I have a good bit of flexibility, but also limitations on what I can do. While I cannot do an FSA, I could utilize something like Manhattan's dental/Vision insurance.

I'm already maxing out all my retirement funding and have been looking at CI/Cancer or
LTCI as another way to further reduce my income. Ideally, I have been looking for plans that have some type of pre-death ROP after a certain number of years. For CI/Cancer I have only come across Assurity and Washington National for Illinois residents. For LTCI insurance the only group I found still standing that offers any type of pre-death ROP is NGL, but it is only for 40 and above and I am in my early 30s.

I would also be open to something where my large expenditure now when I am able to make it, would benefit me in the future. I came across a LTCI that allows you to pay in full over a fixed term, but they require you are 35 and I am 33.

Obviously, some time of Life insurance policy with ROP would accomplish exactly what I am looking for, but that is unfortunately together with disability the two insurances I can't deduct.

Back