Deny Claim Because of Hobby?

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me learn about insurance for my claim. It turns out, I changed insurance carriers and got a better rate. I settled on Friday for my claim. I refused the first offer on my car. Most of the comps were 500-800 miles away and at least a month old. I provided comps from my area that seemed more appropriate (a bit high in my opinion) We met in the middle. The settlement turned out to be 35% higher than the first offer. Interesting game, seemed very scripted. When I took emotion out of the game, it seemed like a day at work.

Thanks everyone. Off car shopping now.:yes:

Yes, but Oregon isn't one of them.
I actually didn't know that. I wasn't aware of any states requiring UMPD coverage. Why should they? It's my loss if its my car. And heck, the premium is what? $10 a year???? Okay, maybe $15.

On the flipside, I almost never see payouts under UMPD. You have to prove the other person was uninsured, and if they are uninsured, they didn't stop and exchange info. Now, you can't prove they didn't have insurance. I do know some states work differently on this though :)

Dan

Maybe it's because I'm on the East Coast and have always worked here, but many states on the east coast have mandatory UMPD that comes along with the mandatory UM.

I will be shocked if his policy is renewed. Why would any company want to take a risk of insuring a vehicle that is sometimtes brought to the race track? Factoring in the vehicle on the policy and the likely meager premium it brings, it's a no brainer to non-renew if they can.

Maybe it's because I'm on the East Coast and have always worked here, but many states on the east coast have mandatory UMPD that comes along with the mandatory UM.

I will be shocked if his policy is renewed. Why would any company want to take a risk of insuring a vehicle that is sometimtes brought to the race track? Factoring in the vehicle on the policy and the likely meager premium it brings, it's a no brainer to non-renew if they can.
Ill never know. I changed carriers with my home and three cars and drivers before they had a chance.

Back